Fenix F3D "Olive Green?" Where to buy P3D black?

tjdean01

Newly Enlightened
So, I went to the Fenix store to order a textured, black finish P3D-CE Q5. However, when I get there, I only find "olive green" models. Plus I don't see any information about whether the reflector is textured or not. Here's the link for the P3Ds at the Fenix Store: https://www.fenix-store.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=p3d&x=0&y=0

Anyway, I want to buy the light but I don't need Olive green. Are there any benefits from buying from the Fenix Store? Should I just order from DX? (link above) Thanks.

Also, do these "tube caps" cover the lens of the light to keep it safe?

Last edited:

meuge

Enlightened
Here's the link to the P3D Q5 Black at the Fenix Store:
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=358

It's right there, in the "Limited/Premium" section.

The olive fenix is supposed to be more durable, so if you're going to beat up your light, choose that. For me, because I carry my P2D as an EDC on my belt, next to my black phone (Samsung Blackjack), black makes it disappear, and an olive light would stand out too much.

Empath

Flashaholic
tj, you've been a member for 10 days. In that time you've created nine threads, with the bulk of them having the appearance of just an opportunity to post links to DX. While there are some limited links otherwise, the reoccurring theme of your threads is "here's a link to DX". It has the appearance of clever spamming.

While there is the slight chance that circumstances aren't as they appear, that slight chance will disappear totally if it continues.

I just thought I'd let you know the thought going on behind the scenes.

tjdean01

Newly Enlightened
Here's the link to the P3D Q5 Black at the Fenix Store:
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=358
It's right there, in the "Limited/Premium" section.

The olive fenix is supposed to be more durable, so if you're going to beat up your light, choose that.

You know, it does say black doesn't it! Duh! The picture shows the olive one and I didn't notice that the text says black. I guess I see pictures better than I read :sick2: (The photo below shows the same photo from the non-Q5 version, making it confusing.) The Fenix Store site seems to lack info, making it difficult for newbie like me! For example, it doesn't state if the light is textured or not. You would probably know that it is textured, but I wouldn't. Anyway, I just gave them a call and he assured me that all the lights there all have TEXTURED reflectors unless otherwise stated. Thanks for taking the time to point that out for me. I probably would have not even made the call had you not helped. BTW, he reassured me that I should buy from there, due to a lifetime warranty provided I don't purposely break it!

========================================

.....the bulk of them having the appearance of just an opportunity to post links to DX. While there are some limited links otherwise, the reoccurring theme of your threads is "here's a link to DX". It has the appearance of clever spamming.

While there is the slight chance that circumstances aren't as they appear, that slight chance will disappear totally if it continues.

@Empath: Whoa! I think many would agree that when posting merely model numbers without links or photos makes it confusing. I mean L2D and P2D? I didn't know that last week and was Googling left and right to find out which lights were which. So, yes, I used DX for my links. As far as I know DX is a seller and CPF is a forum. If I assumed there was competition between the sites, or if CPF provided descriptions of various lights like DX does, I'd use CPF for my links. Lighthound.com and light-reviews.com are other sites that have been helpful.

It looks like you're assuming that I'm somehow affiliated with DX. Understandable as I'm posting about one of the most popular lights and linking to DX each time. The only thing I can say is that I'm not. I'm not from HK nor have they put me up to posting links to their site on CPF. I just found it to be a helpful site because they carry a lot of lights (I'm buying from the US Fenix Store, though, BTW). I've liked electronics my whole life. The first thing I ever saved my money for was a camouflage AA-Maglite. I was like 5 at the time. I can remember pulling the change out of a Ziplock. Just a couple weeks ago did I discovered the power and duration of the newer LED Cree lights and some lasers. Naturally I want to buy the best one for me. Linking is simply to help others who want to help me. Being new I can't help others much, but as you've seen in other posts I did tell all I know about the light I have.

Obviously you don't want me people posting just for advertising. I'm not doing that. The rules say, "Links to other sites are welcome" and I've posted most of them like this so they don't make a mess of the page. I had no idea I was giving the impression of spamming the site. I realize I've posted a lot in the past week. I don't know if that's upset anybody, but guys have been nice enough to answer my questions and now I have enough information to buy my P3D-CE Q5. If there is anything else please let me know.

Last edited:

craig333

Newly Enlightened
FWIW=for what its worth. Might want to find a link to common net abbreviations.

tjdean01

Newly Enlightened
FWIW=for what its worth. Might want to find a link to common net abbreviations.

Wow, that's a new one! I'm a veteran of forums and haven't heard it? Or, have i just skipped over it?? :whistle:

Anyway, I'm really waiting for the moderator to get back back to me and reply to my post. Empath, are you there? He's probably busy for the weekend. I hope he doesn't delete me.

Empath

Flashaholic
There's not a lot to get back with you on it. I don't really want to tie up your thread discussing an off-topic matter. At the time, we won't do much of anything, other than to watch to see if your posting becomes less oriented toward commercial announcements and links.

lengendcpf

Enlightened
So, I went to the Fenix store to order a textured, black finish P3D-CE Q5. However, when I get there, I only find "olive green" models. Plus I don't see any information about whether the reflector is textured or not. Here's the link for the P3Ds at the Fenix Store: https://www.fenix-store.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=p3d&x=0&y=0

Anyway, I want to buy the light but I don't need Olive green. Are there any benefits from buying from the Fenix Store? Should I just order from DX? (link above) Thanks.

Also, do these "tube caps" cover the lens of the light to keep it safe?

If not sure, just send an email to fenix-store.
They are quite responsive.

Think they will reply to your queries with 3-5 hours.