Upgrade my solarforce L600

DuneDevil

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I am wanting to upgrade my solarforce L600 to a better system. Here are some pitures of what I have. (I am sorry, but I have copied the links from another post here on CPF. If this is a no no, I will be happy to delete this thread out.)

P1010095.jpg

P1010099.jpg

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If you can post links to the different sites, that would be a big plus. I am new to this upgrading so take it easy on me. :thinking:

Thanks

James

Last edited:

DuneDevil

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if this would work in this light?

1SM-2(1-stage multi power) Cree XR-E Q5 Pill (16V max)

This is a Dereelight pill.

Thanks for any help.

James

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have an L600. It's a piece of junk. Output is impressive, and nothing else about it is.

As far as I know, there are no upgrades for it. Doubtful that the Deerlight pill will fit.

Even if it did, the L600 heats up very quickly. Poor heat-sinking. Not an issue for inca bulbs, since heat build-up doesn't bother them. Not the case with LEDs. You'd likely fry an LED emitter if you could find one that fits into the light. Ironically, the Phillips bulb that's standard on the L600 is a very good one.

DuneDevil

Newly Enlightened
Monocrom, jake25,

Thanks for the reply's! I appreciate the help

I sure wish I had the knowlegde of this light back when I purchased it! I am very unhappy with it.

James