Maxflex UI question

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I've got a maxflex board installed in a multicree m@g mod - 5 cree /4*14500 LiIon's. According to the instructions, the board ships in UIF mode. It lights when activated but I have been unable to click my way into UIP mode or any other mode. Even the reset function doesn't seem to respond. On and off @ 350 ma is it.

Several attempts at following the instructions (as I understand them) has not led me to the UIP interface. After one second "on", 8 clicks should allow me to select the interface. At that point, I get no indication that the light is ready for programming - no flash and no dimming of the led.
Is it necessary to fully engage and disengage the m@g switch for each "click", or is pressing the switch just far enough to activate the circuit sufficient?

Any suggestions would we greatly appreciated. Getting smarter is no longer an option.

ledaholic

Enlightened
The switch in the Mag has to be modified to become momentary only. The Maxflex requires that + and - both are connected to the board from the batteries and the modified switch provides a ground connection to the "sw" connection on the board. The Maxflex comes default so that when power is applied the light will come on. It sounds to me like your switch is still stock.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
ledaholic,
I just came to that conclusion after reading an obscure post. The "sw" hole is not wired. I will rewire. Once the "sw" hole is wired, how to modify the stock switch?

ledaholic

Enlightened
DonShock did a tutorial on this a while back. With the search disabled, I was unable to find it using Google. You might try sending him a PM to see if he can guide you in the right direction.