3xC cells inside 2D Mag?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure where this thread belongs, battery or general flashlight so please forgive me :) :thinking:

Can i fit 3C cells inside 2D body? and if i would need 4 cells inside 2D body which type of battery should i use?

Thanks

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure where this thread belongs, battery or general flashlight so please forgive me :) :thinking:

Can i fit 3C cells inside 2D body? and if i would need 4 cells inside 2D body which type of battery should i use?

Thanks

I think 3 "c" cells batteries can fit in a 2D mag host if you de-anodize the tail cap and change the spring with a smaller one ( a lot smaller :whistle:)

if you need 4 batteries in a 2D you can use 2/3A cells in a stick or (but I don't know if this will fit) 4/5SC that'll give you a lot more capacity.

swampgator

Enlightened
On one of my 2Ds I deanodized the tailcap then took a large bolt and nut and cut it down to fit. Using a nut and bolt allowed me to dial it in to just the right size.

warlord

Enlightened

Thanks

I would start with how much power, volts and amps you need for your light. Also what do you have and what would you need to buy.

For example:

I'm running my Magled 3cell drop-in in a 2D mag with 3C cells for the correct voltage.

I will be modding it with a 3XCree module which can run on 3.6-9V. I have a great charger for NiMH AAA/AA cells along with 8 eneloops I'm not currently using so the KD 3AA to 1D adapters are a great option for me.
Cost $3.00

I could also go 2x 18650 since I have a Li-ion charger that can charge them but the cost of the batteries exceedes my other option.
Cost is at least $10.00

If I went with 3x C NiMH cells I would have to buy new cells and a new charger.
Cost is around $40.00

I can continue on with Li-ion C, D cells, sub-c cells but that's pretty much how I view it.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you really want to do that? It's reduced capacity and runtime. Higher voltage, yes but..

I converted 3D Mag into 4xC Mag, but admittedly don't use it like that most of the time. I know it is a different situation from yours.