We might have gotten Saddam

Bill.H

Enlightened
Fox News Channel, right now. No proof until they dig through the rubble, but there was intelligence that said Saddam and both sons were at a certain house this afternoon, and around 1:00 EDT today, they did some heavy bombing (4 or 5, 1 or 2 thousand pound bombs). They won't know for sure until they find the body, but it's guaranteed that if he was in there, he's dead.

Supposedly, he was there for a "leadership meeting". I guess we won't know for sure for a day or so.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going to take a DNA test to ever be sure (If there is enough left of 'em for a test...) Recent developments notwithstanding, I still kind of think we got saddam and at least one son with the first bomb & missiles a couple of weeks ago, and all these guys since are doubles.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think right now, it's icing on the cake if we do kill him, but if he or his sons or his cabinet associates are prevented from ever gaining power in Iraq again, our mission is accomplished.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the possible DNA tests.

While watching the news about Saddam's gold bathroom fixtures, I thought it would be nifty to get the crew from CSI in there to check the drains, etc. to find his DNA just so that they COULD identify his body . . . especially since there are so many look-alikes.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
The more the story unfolds the more I am amazed at our ability.
His own members being convinced to turn him in
Special Ops. on the ground
Jaguar Radio system used and cracked
Stacked aircraft waiting to roll in
Listening to their conversation live as the bombs were about to impact
3-5 different sources of intel. (they are admitting to)

With all that there is bound to be some real-time video but I doubt we will ever see it.

Amazing

bigcozy

Enlightened
I was wondering how they would find enough of him to do a DNA test. With that kind of blast and fire can you? They are saying now the ruling members of the Ba'ath party and his sons were there, what a coup that would be! All in one brilliant shot.

Written by bigcozy's body double.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i certainly hope we got him...

saddam, bin laden, and my little sister are just 3 of the people that the world would be better off without /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Your little sister make off with your flashlights and then throw them in the toliet?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
i certainly hope we got him...

saddam, bin laden, and my little sister are just 3 of the people that the world would be better off without /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

alright roth, you can't drop a bomb like that and not explain. what did lil sis do?

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Written by bigcozy's body double. - bigcozy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
...saddam, bin laden, and my little sister are just 3 of the people that the world would be better off without - Rothrandir

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Man, there are some really funny gems to be found in the Cafe... thanks for the laughs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

Albany Tom

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the french radio system I've heard about? Was is supposed to be encrypted? Very cool if that's the case...it'll make a nice dent in their exports. Especially if we publish how we did it.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
Albany Tom said:
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the french radio system I've heard about? Was is supposed to be encrypted? Very cool if that's the case...it'll make a nice dent in their exports. Especially if we publish how we did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what they were saying it's a British system. It was sold to Iraq in the 80's during the Iran-Iraq war.

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm thinking that it's more likely that the Brits actually told us how to crack it rather than we just did it. I'm not saying that we aren't capable but realistically and under the circumstances....

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The report I heard about it certainly made it sound like the British used the info with us to do this. Not as if we cracked it without their help. Sure would be easier with the design docs from the 80's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was actually a little surprised that they were talking about it so quickly after the thing went down. I would have expected them to hold onto that bit of info in case they didn't get him. I guess they were very sure that if they hadn't gotten him, at least they had destroyed his phone so I guess it didn't matter.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Communications might be the least of Hussein's worries. I'm really beginning to doubt he's in Baghdad at all. Mind you, I do hope we get him with our bombs, but it does seem if he's got half a brain, it should tell him to get the hell out of there as soon as possible, and make it seem like he's still in town. Who knows, maybe he's actually stupid enough or arrogant enough to stick around in Baghdad...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other bit of interesting news was they showed a map of Bagdad and pointed out where the palace that we were occupying was and where this bombing had taken place and it was literally less than a mile from where our troops were setup!

on the news they thought that meant that he was really disconnected from what was going on and that he may not have known where our guys were. I'm sure that he doesn't get the whole truth from anybody reporting to him, as in the past they have a tendency to get shot bringing bad news, but do we really believe that he was having a top level meeting a mile away from the American troops?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might have been his body double.

One comment I heard was actually quite telling. Given his shrewdness, if he was alive and if he was meeting his generals or his cabinet, it'd make absolutely no sense for him to have his sons there, or all his generals there.

Militarily, that's suicide...