Insight H2X Arcturus rechargeable led

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I just picked up an Insight H2X Arcturus lithium Ion rechargeable flashlight from Caswell's gun shop here in Phoenix. The led is manurfacturer rated at 150 lumens(on the back of the box) and the instructions say the out the front output is 120 lumens.

Unfortunatly I don't have a digital camera so no pictures of beamshots etc. sorry!

All I can say is this is one great rechargeable light and I think it'd make a great light for a police officer's duty belt, etc.

It has a glass lens and an aluminum reflector that has for lack of a better term small ridges(not noticeable at all unless you look at the reflector at certain angles) to smooth out the beam. I am super impressed with the brightness, great throw, and very nice and wide/bright spill of the beam. The tint on my specimin is nice and white.

The size of the flashlight is perfect. It's not too big so it can be carried easily and not too small so it can be used effectively and also it's long enough to stick under your arm so you can use both hands like say on a traffic stop. In addition, there is a pocket clip that doesn't get in the way and seems to be very strong. The front of the light is cut so as to allow you to see light if the flashlight is placed down on a hard surface. It kinda looks like one of the strike bezels and from the feeling of it I wouldn't want to get hit with it in a struggle that's for sure!

I'm not sure what type of annodize is on the body but it's black and very nicely done. The checkering cut into the body of the light is great and allows for a great grip. I'd imagine even if covered with butter I'd have no problem holding this light! Runtime is rated at 2 hours at full power(120 lumens) and 300 hours at the low setting of 1 lumen!

From off if you click the tail cap quickly twice the strobe mode activates. To change the beam intensity(from off) you press and hold the button all the way in and let off when the desired level is reached. From there if you press and hold the light will increase and vice versa.

The switch was a little rough at first but smoothed out nicely the first day. To charge the battery it is removed from the light and placed in the charger. The led indicator light on the charger stays red until the battery is charged then turns to green. I actually like this since it allows for keeping spare batteries charged up ready to go. Plus with the LIon batteries no memory effect.

I called Insight Technologies and they said the light has only been shipping for like 2 weeks so the accesories(batteries, chargers, spare tailcaps) aren't out yet and they don't know what the price will be.

The only thing that I can nitpick and complain about(a little) is that on the lowest setting(1 lumen) there is a slight flicker probably from the PW modulation. It's not a big deal in real world use but I noticed it hunting white walls :). All the other settings had no flicker at all.

Insight has a lifetime warranty which is nice also, not that I ever anticipate needed it with this light since it's so well built.

The price is great in my opinion, only $129.

This is the light Surefire, Streamlight, or Pellican should have built. It is as close to perfect as is humanly possible for a LEO police belt duty flashlight or general purpose/tactical small rechargeable led flashlight.

I highly recommend this light to anyone who is a police officer or who wants a nice compact rechargeable flashlight.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
That price doesn't sound half bad for what you described. I have some questions.
What size is the LiIon cell? From the poor pictures I can find online it looks a lot like a Surefire, so I'm assuming maybe an 18650.
Is it a cradle charger system?
Is the pocketclip removable?

Thanks for the first impressions. :D

Kato

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. :twothumbs

I'm going to have to get my department's supply guy to get me one for T&E. :grin2:

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
That price doesn't sound half bad for what you described. I have some questions.
What size is the LiIon cell? From the poor pictures I can find online it looks a lot like a Surefire, so I'm assuming maybe an 18650.
Is it a cradle charger system?
Is the pocketclip removable?

Thanks for the first impressions. :D

-The battery had the following printed on the side: 3.7v 2200 mah ICR18650F

-Yes it is a cradle charger.

-On the box it says Optional pocket clip and lanyard so I guess the pocket clip is removable. I'm just not sure how. I'll try to call Insight and ask.

-Also I forgot it says in the instructions it can go 5 minutes at 5 meters underwater and it comes with a lanyard and has a lanyard hole in the tail cap.

Last edited: