Suggestions?? Need a Cree drop in for my Surefirw 6P + 18650

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a regulated Cree Q5 drop in with good runtime specifically using an 18650 cell. I had my 6P bored to accept it.

I'm looking for Serious THROW, very Bright and at least 2 Hours of full output.

The 18650 cell is rated at 3.7V. Off the charger it's 4.2V

1. I was thinking about the BugOutGear Premium drop in, but it's
rated at 4.5V - 9V. No good for my 18650.

2. I'm also interested in the Dereelight 1S(1-stage) cree XR-E Q5 drop in.
It's rated at 2.8 - 4.2V, specifically made for an 18650.
BUT, there is no Lumen rating, don't know if it throws well, and I need it
within the next 2 weeks. Don't know if Dereelight can delivery in time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ray

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
malkoffdevices email gene i think he has some M30 modules that work from 0.7 volts to 4.2 volts i believe the voltage is

chris

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The thing about throw and a P60 drop-in is that you only have so much space for a reflector(remember the LED and drive has to fit too).

Smooth reflector, an optic, or a lens(haven't seen this yet) would be your best bet.

I think Dereelight drivers the LED at 1 amp, not sure, but if they do driver it at 1 amp, expect 160-180 lumen out the front.

Dereelight might be able to send the drop-in to you in 2 weeks. They might also be able to up that to EMS and get it to you within 2 weeks no problem. You would probably have to pay extra for EMS though.

harddrive

Enlightened
The Dereelight 1S module is driven at 1.2A on an 18650. It is extremely bright and the throw is very good. Especially with the SMO reflector. Being a Q5 driven at 1.2A it is about as bright as you will get in a P60 drop-in.

I use this in my 6P with Leefbody and an AW 18650. I get just over 90 minutes runtime.

Delivery was about 10 days to Australia. I imagine delivery to the states would be similar.

The only quality drop-ins I am aware of that run well on the 18650 are the Dereelight and the Malkoff M30 (which is a special order item).

harddrive

Enlightened
I should add that Wolf-Eyes make drop-in that are for 3.7-6V but from what I have seen they are not great throwers.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I sent an email to Dereelight regarding shipping via EMS.

If anyone has one of these for sale:
1S(1-stage) cree XR-E Q5 module (Smooth)
Please shoot me a PM !!!!

Thanks!

Ray

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went with the Dereelight Drop In.

I shot an email to Dereelight and got a very fast response from Alan.
He offered me DHL !! So I should have it way before my trip :thumbsup:

I'll keep you guys posted.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
We went the right way as Dereelight modules are the top P60 throwers on the market IMHO. harddrive is correct in that WE modules do not throw worth beans. At least not when compared to a Dereelight in SMO. You will not obtain two full hours of runtime on 1x18650, however. More like 2200 mAh /1200mA = 1.83h x 60min/h = 110 minutes tops.

underconstruction

Newly Enlightened
If you cannot find a drop-in configured the way you like it you can always piece one together yourself from parts. I know you wanted to stay local, but deal extreme sells an empty smooth p60 reflector set. If you want to put in higher quality electronics and LED buy those elsewhere.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Seeing as the Pill is removable from the drop-in. You can adjust the focus of the light and make it throw a bit more. I think WadeF has gotten up to 10000 lux with a smooth reflector and adjusted focus.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

Got the Dereelight dropin this morning.

All I can say is WOW. Very bright, very tight hotspot.
I can't wait until it gets dark out tonight:D

For anyone running an 18650 in a Surefire 6P....
This is truly the way to go.

Ray

PS- A special thanks to Alan @ Dereelight for all his help :twothumbs

harddrive

Enlightened
Good to hear. I really like this combo too. Super bright for 90 mins on a rechargeable is great. Let us know what you think after you have a play at night. I'm sure you will be even more impressed!