new version M2?

SUREFARC

Enlightened
m2.jpg

Saw this on TAD's site, SF has switched
M2 to this version? There are some more
letters on it like the one in the SF STRIDER
COMBO. It comes with landyard system. I like it.

nihraguk

Enlightened
urm it looks like the exact same M2 to me that surefire has always sold...

the strider M2 is a special version that you buy packaged with a strider knife. if i'm not wrong it has no pocket clip, has a "charlie" tailcap, and the waist of the light has a square cross-section.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The "square" plates are for more logos and stuff what with Strider and other knife brands doing combos - need flat faces to put Logos on.

These are only specials that use this body type as far as I know.

Al

nihraguk

Enlightened
Al: thanks for the info
smile.gif

Ratso: i think the charlie tailcap is basically a clickie tail cap, but with a thicker section at the body of the switch. you can see the difference when you compare it with the regular clicke tailcaps.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
"a "Charlie" tailcap from the Millennium Universal WeaponLight. This special tailcap was designed at the request of Dev Group (SEAL Team 6) to meet mission-specific requirements. It features a momentary thumb-activated pressure switch, recessed within a rubber waterproof shroud. This switch can also be "clicked" on for constant illumination"-------quoted from TAD's
site.

Size15's

Flashaholic
For whatever reason, SureFire call their Clickie TailCaps "Charlie" TailCaps.

One reason could be because the MU Series uses a "C" to identify the SW02 switch. "P" identifies the SW01 TailCap Pressure Switch, and "UUxx" identifies the Tape Pressure Switch ("xx" is the length of wire between the 2.25" long (Add "L" for a 5" long version) Tape Switch and the TailCap, in inches - usually "06")

This of course is not the same as the "C" used by the handgun WeaponLights to identify the models with SlimLine Switch & Constant-on Shuttle Switch. For your information the models with SlimLine Switch & Disable Shuttle Switch are identified as "D".

To make matter easier, the Shotgun Forend WeaponLights use "FA" to identify Pressure Switch & Constant-on Rocker Switch, and "FGA" to identify Pressure Switch & Disable Rocker Switch.

So you think you follow?
The H&K Forend WeaponLights use "F" to identify Pressure Switch & Constant-on Rocker Switch, and "G" to identify Pressure Switch & Disable Rocker Switch.

I think perhaps "Charlie" is used because it is different in operation to a toggle click switch.

Regards,

Al