Another "Thanks CPF"

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I just bought this amazing LED flashlight called the "Coleman 530 lumen LED Spotlight", which uses 3 CREE XR-E White Star LED emitters each with their own separate reflectors. This light is rechargeable too!

I compared it to my Task Force CREE and it looked over 5 times brighter! In my opinion it even outperforms my Power On Board HID Spotlight. It has such an amazing round beam that throws for at least 1/4 of a mile.

I just wanted to say I am THRILLED with my new LED monster, and thanks CPF for enlightening me about how to choose great lights!:twothumbs

Note to Mods/Admins: This post is not intended to be a "heads up" about the light, just thanking CPF.:)

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
It is a pistol grip style spotlight, but it acually seems much more like a large flashlight to me than a spotlight since it has 3 small reflectors.

I am guessing it weighs about 5 pounds, it is 10'' tall from the bottom of the handle to the top and 7 inches long from back to front.:)

m16a

Enlightened
It is a pistol grip style spotlight, but it acually seems much more like a large flashlight to me than a spotlight since it has 3 small reflectors.

I am guessing it weighs about 5 pounds, it is 10'' tall from the bottom of the handle to the top and 7 inches long from back to front.:)

how much did you get it for? I saw it in a Coleman Outlet for $56. I was considering it, but didn't have the cash to purchase it. How is the throw on it?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
how much did you get it for? I saw it in a Coleman Outlet for $56. I was considering it, but didn't have the cash to purchase it. How is the throw on it?

I got it for $60 from Sears Hardware. Its throw is simply AMAZING. It has a perfect round beam with an unusually bright ring of spill. I am pretty sure it could light up objects over 1/4 of a mile away, I will be testing it soon in some big fields.:)

m16a

Enlightened
I got it for $60 from Sears Hardware. Its throw is simply AMAZING. It has a perfect round beam with an unusually bright ring of spill. I am pretty sure it could light up objects over 1/4 of a mile away, I will be testing it soon in some big fields.:)

Please post beam shots when you are able because I would very much like to see how it is.:thumbsup:

Is the 2.5 Hrs. runtime for real?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Please post beam shots when you are able because I would very much like to see how it is.:thumbsup:

Is the 2.5 Hrs. runtime for real?

I don't know about the runtime, but it has a 12V 2.8 ah lead acid battery which should last VERY long just powering low wattage LED emitters (low wattage compared to halogen and HID). I will take some beamshots of it in the future, and tomorrow night I will be taking it out to some large fields to test both its runtime and throw.:)

I doubt it draws over 10 watts, yet it still impresses me more than my 35W HID spotlight and 130 watt halogen spotlight.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I tested the Coleman LED spotlight tonight on some large fields, and I brought my POB for a comparison.

The Coleman illuminated trees brightly out to a 1/4 mile away, but it couldn't light them well any farther than that. It also lit up 300 yard long grassy fields very nicely. My POB HID clearly had over twice as much throw and a much brighter hotspot, but the Coleman had a brighter ring of spill than the POB. The POB HID lights up trees nearly a mile away.

The Coleman also has a much nicer colored beam, it looks like daylight color vs. the POB's blue beam.

It is amazing to see an LED flashlight throw so far, it shined on trees that appeared to be over 1/4 of a mile in the distance.

The Coleman has a longer runtime than the POB.

Here is my overall opinion of how the two lights compare:

Power On Board HID:

Brightness: *****
Throw: *****
Usefulness: ***
Beam quality: **
Overall illumination: ****

Coleman 530 lumen LED Spotlight:

Brightness: ***
Throw: ***
Usefulness: *****
Beam Quality: *****
Overall Illumination: ***

I am extremely happy with the Coleman LED Spotlight! In my opinion it is a much better light than the POB.:)

Last edited: