Led upgrade for solitaire

Eazy_tom

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I'm looking for a LED upgrade for my maglite solitaire, I tried searching but didn't come up with much luck. Links would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
here is the main thread on mag upgrades:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193434
That lists the Arcmania LED Solitaire dropin replacement from Lighthound. I have one of those, and it's very nice -- it turns the Solitaire into a very usable light (I estimate around 7 lumens) with better variable focus than most others that attempt it. It's a vast improvement over the original incandescent bulb. But I can't find it at the Lighthound web site or any other site, so I'm afraid it's no longer available. It looks like the Tektite product, though, so hopefully you can find one of those.

c_c

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah i agree, i love my fenix keychain lights, unless you are really attached to the focusable I highly recommend that route. Plus itll have a long runtime and be much sturdier.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the Fenix E01 recommendation. I had a solitaire LED bulb but it died. It wasn't bad when it worked but I did not like that the head did not screw all the way down. I don't know if it is a big deal for you but the solitaire would not be as weather proof either.

Eazy_tom

Newly Enlightened
for the price of an LED upgrade for a solotaire you can get a fenix E01 for $15
Yeah I know I was at walmart looking for an E01 but they didn't have it ten I saw the solitaire for $5 and though it would get it, I will get an E01 in the near future.
Thanks for the help guys.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yeah I know I was at walmart looking for an E01 but they didn't have it ten I saw the solitaire for $5 and though it would get it, I will get an E01 in the near future.
Thanks for the help guys.

Upgrading the Solitaire is pointless. $5 for a light + $15-20 for an upgrade.

The E01 (not available at WalMart....) is $15 shipped. It will be about 5x brighter than a Solitaire on average, run about 10-15 times longer on a single cell, and hold up much better on a keychain.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Many of the lights discussed about here are only available online(or at least the easiest and cheapest way is to buy it on line). I've only heard of a few B&M stores across the whole US that carries Fenix lights(I don't remember them though).

I'd return the Soli and buy a Fenix E01 from Fenix Store. They have an 8% off coupon for CPfers but it is only for purchases totaling at or above $20.

:welcome:

Al

Enlightened
Wasn't there some buzz recently about Maglite marketing an led Solitare???

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I have one of those, I probably will for as long as I can get the pieces to keep it working. I have no logical explanation for this and I don't expect I ever will. I just really like it and enjoy using it daily. I suppose that to me it would be like dropping a 327 4 barrel into a 66 Nova, not the best investment but worth it just to watch it go down the street. A solitaire is what I know and that little led brings it up to 2003 technology for only the 4x the lights retail value. Smokin' deal. It may be a little dinosaur with feathers, bumping along the ground as it goes, but it's my little dinosaur.

Eazy_tom

Newly Enlightened
Many of the lights discussed about here are only available online(or at least the easiest and cheapest way is to buy it on line). I've only heard of a few B&M stores across the whole US that carries Fenix lights(I don't remember them though).

I'd return the Soli and buy a Fenix E01 from Fenix Store. They have an 8% off coupon for CPfers but it is only for purchases totaling at or above $20.

:welcome:
I'll probably keep it just because, someone had told me they saw and e01 at Walmart that's why I was there I guess they were mistaken. Thanks for the link and the welcome I'll be sure to get back to you guys when I get a new light or two, which should be in about a week.