Smith & Wesson Magnum Force

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Does anyone has this flashlight? Is it good or not? Want to know the spec of this light.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it appears to be a clone of the Radio Shack MagLite-clone...or maybe done by the same maker, manufacturing them for different brand-name companies that do not produce flashlights themselves.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
I have one they sent me. It seems to be the same as Gall's Halo light. If you do a search on it there is a review by KT.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I saw one on ebay for fifty bucks, and claim to have 80 lumen of light output.
Is it a good idea of getting one?

web page

Gandalf

Enlightened
Questions about this light come up at irregular intervals. The reviews have been fairly negative; the 80 lumen claim is inflated, for one. The beam quality is not very good either. If you want a really nice 2 x 123 light, bite the bullet and get a SureFire E2, E2e, or 6P. Then I can guarantee you won't be dissapointed. The cost difference, if you shop around, or buy on from eBay, isn't all that much, compared to the *huge* increase in overall quality, and that mystical, perfect SureFire beam of light. Trust me on this. If you absolutely can't afford a SureFire, then you can buy a Streamlight Scorpion for *less* than $50, and it too is a far better light, IMHO.