Anyone own the Inova T4 MP

BUZ

Enlightened
A good friend of mine who is a State trooper is looking for a new light and is thinking about the new T4 MP (175 lumens). What's the beam like on these and how's the tint, is it nice and white or is it more of a yellowish color? How are these as far as reliability and durability?

Tried finding some beamshots of the T4 but couldn't find a thing.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I love the new 2008 inova T4. It has a nice warm tint closer to natural color than a lot of other LEDs ive seen. The beam also throws good and has a nice flood. Its got a good beam shape, it flows from flood to bright hotspot very smoothly. It does not throw quite as far as the pelican 7060 but the difference is minor in my opinion. Its a good size, the 7060 i think is too big. The battery lasts a long time, it has a nice strobe mode and low mode, but the interface for the modes takes a few times to master. The light significantly out performs the commonly issued stinger light from streamlight. Cheaper than the pelican 7060 too.
I would highly recomend the T4. It fits in the holster i have for the stinger too. Very solid light.

guardpost3

Enlightened
After having my last T4 stolen, i bought one of the 2008 models and use it for work, unlike eyeeatingfish's light, mine has an extremely cool tint to it. it has a great beam the hotspot and spill transition very nicely. hella rugged light. takes a beating, which was the main reason i got it for duty use. although not quite as bright as i though it was going to be. no noticeable diffirence in brightness between it and my P3D. great rechargeable duty light

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine. I have not heard of any strobing effect on low. I think you must have a defective light.

The T4-MP is a rugged and bright light, and most have a warmer tint than most of the other lights we talk about around here, but it makes everything look much more natural because of the warmer tint. The only complaint I had about the T4-MP was the fact it is not warranted against water. If the T4 is emmersed in water it will leak at the charging screws making everything in the light wet. Believe me I know first hand.

Bill

Till

Newly Enlightened
I love my T4. Really love it.

Powerful, and regulated so it burns at full brightness for the entire runtime.

The only complaint, as said before, is the charging point is a very vulnerable entry point for water.

And it does seem the strobe operates at less lumens than high-mode, but this may be some kind of visual trick.

BUZ

Enlightened
What kind of emitter is used, luxeon, cree or seoul?

gerG

Newly Enlightened
Are you referring to the slow (not fast enough) PWM frequency?

That is still my biggest complaint. The low setting creates a very obnoxious strobe effect. The driver runs at about 70hz, which would not be a problem if it were just a ripple, but it is completely off ~90% of the time. It gives me a headache. My alternative is to run it on high and live with the eye burn. A diffuser would help greatly. The problem with high is the poor battery life. 2 hours is not enough for serious usage. I ended up buying 2 and just swap them out in the charger (the battery is proprietary and is a pain to change). Mine both have a yellow tint that I don't like, but I get used to it after awhile. Build quality is superb. They seem rugged, but I haven't dropped one yet.

gerG

Xak

Enlightened
Love my T4MP, always has a full charge when I grab it. I've used it all night before, for an hour or so at a strech, using all modes and the beam never dimmed. Well regulated.

It's difficult to notice the strobing effect in the low mode, certainly not enough for any headaches. If you need low mode to save your night vision it works fine. If your suddenly trapped somewhere dark without electricity the low mode will run for over 10 hours.

The tactical strobe option is certainly intimidating and may be useful for LEO types. User interface is simple and quickly becomes second nature.