EGear Spotlight Car Lighter Flashlight

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of these after reading a good review here. One problem - it doesn't charge in any of our three vehicles (2000 Cherokee, 2005 Pontiac Vibe and 2009 Subaru Forester). Anyone got one of these? Your experience with vehicle cigarette lighter sockets? Fixes?

spotlight_combo_sm.jpg

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one, it came from VW for the toureg. it works well in VW and audi sockets. I drive a honda fit, before that a Honda Integra, and before that a Honda civic. In between the Civic and integra I drove a Toyota Previa. My gf drives a turbo Beetle.

the Toyota previa and VW beetle are the only cars I know that fit this ciggarette lighter. Aside from Audi, which is basically VW anyway. Oh wait my dad's Mazda RX7 socket works too I think.

Anyway to get it to work in my Integra, I went to a junkyard and pulled out the socket from an audi, I brought the light with me to check the socket first to see if it fits. they should snap into the socket. i then swapped the sockets. I tinker with my cars so i have a pretty decent knowledge to swap it out. Its really easy. the only hard part is getting to the socket in your car. lots of panels need to be removed.

Mine looks similar to yours. but it doesnt have the anodized aluminum. just plastic housing.

here are pics:
dsc0739pk7.jpg

dsc0740zm5.jpg

dsc0741lw7.jpg

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
There was a thread on these somewhere, manufacturer's corner maybe...they said they worked in about 50% of the cars they were tested in. Just get yourself something running on lithium batts and throw it in the glovebox.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
There was a thread on these somewhere, manufacturer's corner maybe...they said they worked in about 50% of the cars they were tested in. Just get yourself something running on lithium batts and throw it in the glovebox.

50% is a rather poor average. Hope the lights come with a great return policy.

Yeah, definitely just easier to toss a good light into the glovebox.