Just dropped my HDS light =(

conor

Newly Enlightened
So I was put in charge of moving one of our departments today and while moving comptuers, it fell off my pants, and hit the asphalt, now its missing a chunk of the anodizing on the tail.

BUT its still working great! My light isnt a shelf queen any more :p:whistle:

Anyone have any interesting stories about dropping one of their beloved lights?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a party, and I dropped my Raw NS on ceramic tile and now I have a small dent on the bottom and a scratch on the head. Still works fine! Ceramic tile didn't crack either.

Hope that makes you feel better. If not, go buy another light. Works for me!

SnWnMe

Enlightened
Isn't sturdiness and durability part of the price of admission? I am looking forward to accidentally dropping my Novatacs from my rack on the ship onto the metal deck almost 6 feet below.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped my Ra Twisty 100W down on a few granite boulders while on a hike a few weeks ago. Chipped the ano off of a spot or two on the twisty tailcap, but of course the light still works.

Gotta love it!

It has earned its scars! :devil:

Gatsby

Enlightened
I dropped my HDS in the garage one time on the bezel - very small ding but it really put a burr under my saddle for a few days! And it made me realize that Novatac and Ra have stainless bezels for a reason - it's the one wink link of the HDS design.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HDS EDC U GT60 took only one nose dive in its life and took a minor ding in the front but fortunately, nothing of any great consequence and then on went the Ti bezel for protection!

karl

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
ah man... I dropped my Ra Twisty onto the tile in my kitchen, and cracked one of them pretty nicely.... The Twisty was fine, since it landed on the edge of a crenelation on the bezel... Poor kitchen floor.. I fear for the ground the Twisty falls on more than I fear for the Twisty itself now...

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think a single drop to an HDS is bad you should see this.

It's an ultra rare Ultimate 85, and it looks like it's seen better days. The Ti bezel hides a lot of damage and it's a huge scratch across the words EDC Ultimate.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Don't worry, it can take it! Go drop it a few more times!

Why else would you spend top dollar on a light... Because it looks pretty?

Illum

Flashaholic
the first is always the hardest....and will sometimes involve a little alcohol if you love your light a little too great.

Some guy here loaded up his surefire M6 and chucked it out the door to the asphalt outside for a "durability test" but I think hes trying very hard to pass the first step. I know I haven't been able to go there yet, uninentionally is inevitable, intentionally is just scary:shrug::ohgeez:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been a user vs collector but even still I find the first scratch or chip is always hard at first. I find after it has been broken in with character marks it is more fun to put the light through its paces. I have dropped several of my lights and none are worse for wear.