Problem with my EX10

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's having problem ramping up/down for the brightness. I'm using RCR123 from DX sku.11670 and Im not sure if it's the battery problem due to the length.

I have a dozen batteries from sku.11670 and tested with different cells, still it hasn't improved.

I have sent it back https://www.4sevens.com a couples of weeks ago and was told working fine from the supporter. I have received this light again today and still having the same problem as initial.

So which battery work and which doesn't work for EX10?

Could some one please test it out for me with your EX10 by using battery from DX.

Thanks in advance

litetube

Enlightened
Exactly what is the problem with the ramping you are having? Does the light work ok with Primaries?

Not to bash DX but I would stick with AW or Tenergy or Battery Station RCRs . They are higher quality and more consistent in performance and dimensions.

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Ramping the brightness was never work. I can only basically use it as momentary switch and twist to turn the light on.

Ill get AW im future .

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 What (specifically) is the ramping problem? The literature does state that the light may not ramp exactly as intended, getting "stuck" at the bottom or the top (that's what mine does) but, that's not unusual. If some other problem then what?

Karl

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of 16340 UltraFire cells from DX and they don't fit in my EX10 because they are too long.
Actually I never even tried to screw down the head completely because I am afraid to damage the circuit in it, there's an eerie noise when I am nearing that point.

It has been already discussed here, those UltraFire/TrustFire cells by DX fit comfortably in a very limited number of lights, Lumapower LM33 is one of them and the new Spartanian II will be another one.

ichoderso

Enlightened
I have a couple of 16340 UltraFire cells from DX and they don't fit in my EX10 because they are too long.
Actually I never even tried to screw down the head completely because I am afraid to damage the circuit in it, there's an eerie noise when I am nearing that point.

It has been already discussed here, those UltraFire/TrustFire cells by DX fit comfortably in a very limited number of lights, Lumapower LM33 is one of them and the new Spartanian II will be another one.

yes, it's correct, only the most unprotected cells from KD/DX are fit, the protected are to long!

Jens

oldpal

Enlightened
Got a new EX10 today, it works fine with primaries. It doesn't work properly with AW RCR123s. Goes on with a twist and does not go off with click, sometimes will not go on with a click, 2xC and 1xC+PH don't work, does not ramp. I have tried 3 AW RCR123s, 2 purchased directly from AW and one from 4Sevens. I have no problem with the LiIons in my LF3XT, only in my NiteCores. I immediately cleaned and re-lubed the EX10 when it arrived. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hugh

oldpal

Enlightened
Got a new EX10 today, it works fine with primaries. It doesn't work properly with AW RCR123s. Goes on with a twist and does not go off with click, sometimes will not go on with a click, 2xC and 1xC+PH don't work, does not ramp. I have tried 3 AW RCR123s, 2 purchased directly from AW and one from 4Sevens. I have no problem with the LiIons in my LF3XT, only in my NiteCores. I immediately cleaned and re-lubed the EX10 when it arrived. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hugh

Well, I was a little quick on the trigger. I tried the "search function" before I posted, but didn't find any help. I kept searching and located a solution to my problems thanks to CPF member jbvian. jbvian suggested a little break-in after loading up with an RCR123. Thanks jbvian.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/208503&highlight="ex10+re-chargeables"

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I solved my problems with operating difficulty by modifying the spiral spring in the bottom of the battery tube. Longer cells have problems because the winds of the spring overlap, preventing the tube from full motion. I found that I needed to cut the last 1/2" of spring wire from the external wind so that it doesn't overlap, and adjusted the center loop too. Now it works smoothly!