Nitecore EX10 in a Fenix P1D holster

Optik49

Enlightened
Will a Nitecore EX10 fit in a Fenix P1D holster without moving around to much?

Thanks

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
That is exactly what I have been using since week 1 and I pre-ordered the light before anyone even knew what it was.

Perfect fit! No moving around at all. You'll love it. :twothumbs

Last edited:

Optik49

Enlightened
If someone has a holster they don't use and would like to sell it please send me a PM.

:thanks:

snakyjake

Enlightened
I'm interested in a Fenix holster for the EX10...

What's the difference between the P1D and P2D holster?

Can anyone post photos? Preferably with an EX10 in either a P1D or P2D holster for comparison.

Thanks,

Jake

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the EX10 + P1D holster combo for EDC & using the light heavily for work (mechanic, light goes in & out of the holster a few dozen times a day). Same as when I've EDC'd Fenix lights in their holsters, it feels pretty good for now, but the nylon will wear & the elastic will stretch. For someone who uses the light as many times a day as I do, it would be nice to have something a little more secure/heavy duty - even at a higher cost & more bulk. Wish there was a Bianchi molded holster for lights this small. . .

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also wanting to carry a EX10 in a Fenix holster and I found this thread while researching. I have a question which holster will fit the the EX better the P1 or P2 holster. I want to order a couple of the best fitting holster from Lighthound.

I was wondering if the lip of the P2 holster will go past the tailcap of the EX, also vise versa for the P1, does it leave to much of the tailcap exposed. Thanks

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
The P2D holster, being slightly longer, is better if you have a choice of the 2.

As for the other questions, I don't have the EX10 any more to check, but I remember it being just right.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P2D holster, being slightly longer, is better if you have a choice of the 2.

As for the other questions, I don't have the EX10 any more to check, but I remember it being just right.

Thanks Niconical I do have a choice Lighthound has both holsters. i just don't want the P2 holster to be even a tad bit taller than the tailcap on the EX. Do you remember if the P2 holster was taller or shorter than the EX? Thanks again

RGB_LED

Enlightened
At one point, I edc'd my EX10 in an old Fenix P2D holster and it worked great. The holster is actually a bit big for the light but it's snug - I also wrap the lanyard around the belt loop so it doesn't accidently come out.

Come to think of it, I also have an old P1D + holster so I'll give that a shot later tonight to see how it fits. IIRC, the P1D is significantly shorter than the P2D so I would think that the EX10 would be just a bit too big for the P1D holster.

I have since upgraded to a Ti EX10 body which is actually a bit bigger than the stock EX10 light and has a clip so it's pretty much a perfect fit. If I can get my imageshack account to work properly, I will upload pics.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
jhc37013, ok, did a quick shoot with four of my RCR123 lights. Take a look at the following... oh, and please excuse the dust and lint as I shot these very quickly this evening... :eek:

P2D / P1 holsters

p2dp1dholsters.jpg

P1, EX10, P2D, Ti EX10
4lights2.jpg

P1 / P1 holster
p1dinp1dholster.jpg

EX10 / P1 holster
- EX10 fits pretty snug and sits high in the P1 holster... :thinking:
ex10inp1dholster.jpg

Another view with bezel down... It fits snug so, if you don't mind that it sits high, then the EX10 / P1 holster is fine. I don't personally like it but YMMV...
ex10inp1dholster2.jpg

Ti EX10 / P1 holster
- Ti EX10 sits really high in the holster... :thumbsdow
tiex10inp1dholster.jpg

P1 / P2D holster
- P1 disappears in a P2D holster... :huh:
p1dinp2dholster.jpg

EX10 / P2D holster
- IMHO, the EX10 is almost a perfect fit in the P2D holster... :thumbsup:
ex10inp2dholster.jpg

Another view...
ex10inp2dholster2.jpg

Ti EX10 / P2D holster
- My current EDC... :whistle:
tiex10inp2dholster.jpg

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks RGB LED it looks like both the P1 and P2 fit the EX ok I think I like the P1 fit better it looks like it gives more room to grab the flashlight by the tail, but I ordered 2 of each just in case I decide otherwise. Thanks for doin the work of the pics.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
jhc37013, no problem. One note: it was late when I posted the pics and it just occurred to me that I actually have the older P1 and not the P1D. :ohgeez:

I can't say for sure but I don't think a P1D would be that much bigger than a P1 but that is something to consider. But, since the EX10 has quite a bit of breathing room in the P1 holster, I would think that an EX10 will still fit in a P1D holster but it may just ride a tad lower than what you see in the pics. I personally like my light to sit low since I use the lanyard to remove the light. Just thought I'd mention that.

Last edited: