Surefire G2 - LOTC , yes or no?

Niconical

Enlightened
From my own searches here on CPF and the internet in general, I've managed to establish that at some time in the past the G2 didn't have a LOTC, then it changed and the G2 now definately does have a LOTC.

The only part I couldn't confirm is when that happened.

A G2 incan bought today from a dealer, is it possible that it might be non-LOTC or are they all long gone by now?

I'm specifically interested in the yellow one.
I thought that might help to date the stock as maybe Surefire didn't always do a yellow G2?

On a separate note, it was actually quite interesting going through very old threads, as the one thing that was notable by absence was people mentioning LEDs. I don't know when LEDs made their first real appearance in quality flashlights, but I think I searched back before that date as they weren't mentioned at all in the threads I found.

:)

bigfoot

Enlightened
I bought a black G2 around when they first came out and it did not have the LOTC. That was at least a few years ago. (A recent call to SureFire fixed that - they sent a new LOTC at no charge. Excellent customer service!)

Somewhere here on CPF I remember reading about a forum member who had a G2 that liked to drain the batteries. Turned out it was due to it being an older model without the LOTC.

Long story short... I would bet that most dealer stock is of the newer variety and comes with the LOTC as standard.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the best of my recollection, the 2005 G2 was the first to have the LOTC. I think it would be highly unlikely that there would be any of the pre-LOTC G2s still in dealer's stock.

If you do have a G2 w/0 the LOTC, just call Surefire and order the upgrade. As of a year ago it was $12.