nitecore extreme clip screws

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
just wanted to throw this out there to see if any owners of the extreme has replaced the countersunk screws with either button top or allen head screws. if so what size would these be. i'm guessing the screws are a #2 or #3 but are unsure. i want to change them out because, occasionally the clip becomes loose and when i go to tighten the screws up, they end up spreading the split ring more due to the countersunk screws used.

i'm hoping no screw modifying is needed as the ones that came with the light are quite short and the local ace hardware screws seem too long.

BillD

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem with my NC Extreme, and I actually lost one of the screws (finally found it after a 3 hour search). I ended up coating the threads with Loctite 242, and I have not had a problem since then.

I also found that the screws will be difficult to replace, as they are very small. Smaller, in fact, than any of the small screws I used when I was into RC car racing. You may want to try a hobby shop if you are trying to replace them. Good luck.

Bill

Jackyl

Enlightened
If the screws at the local hardware store fit, but are too long just use a Dremel to cut them to length. ...or, as stated, try blue loctite. I plan on ditching the clip and using loctite to keep the screws in hoping it'll work as anti-roll. Hex-head cap screws would be a lot better...esp. in stainless. When it gets here I might try to find a match at Fastenal.

Jackyl

Enlightened
That's that's what i thought, but the same flat spot is on the opposite side and it doesn't do squat.