Older Surefire M6 value?

Walt

Newly Enlightened
I see on ebay an older "new" Surefire M6 with a serial number in the low 600 range. It comes with the early box also.

Does anyone have any ideas about the collector status of this unit, either now or in the future? It's sure had a bunch of early interest.

Thanks, Walt

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,

I just checked and the description says it was upgraded by Sure-fire to Pyrex.

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Geesh Al, What a poor attitude.

I'd find it way easier to find a lexan turbohead in great shape than a mint M6 body with such a low serial number. I'd just put the two together...and even you may not be able to tell. So there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Walt

Size15's

Flashaholic
You know I'm just messing around Walt - no offense meant.

It is likely that I would not be able to tell, but would such an M6 be worth collecting?

I guess that it won't be but I know nothing of collecting things and values etc.

Certainly with original lamps (not black with etched id's) and a Lexan TurboHead, the M6 would be authentic - as a part of history - if someone is collecting the M6 evolution then perhaps it is worth something?

With regards to at what point a serial number is not as valuable, I generally consider serials less than 500 or perhaps even less than 100 to be highly sort after.

The L1 I have is number 5. I use it for EDC quite often. Maybe I shouldn't?

Al

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
gotcha beat there al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fcb03645.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Rothrandir, that's naughty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My friend has #4... He deserves it without a doubt.

Al

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that's my pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

I still think mine is very cool - #69

AluminumOvercast

Enlightened
My good friend who has #5, he deserves it big time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have an old M6 with lexan head. The body writes "MagnumTLight" A typo too.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
My newly bought used M3 has A00307. Worth anything? Has te old bezel wit lexan lens.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Mags said:
My newly bought used M3 has A00307. Worth anything? Has te old bezel wit lexan lens.

It was worth enough to you that you purchased it for the amount you did, but perhaps wasn't worth enough to anybody else to offer the seller more than you were willing to pay.
It's not rare but as part of a collection of M3's over the years it may be one that somebody doesn't already have an example of...

Al

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The joy of using these wonderful Surefire tools IMHO heavily outweighs any
possibility that one day, kept pristine in a box, may gain a few bucks in value.

Just my thoughts.

ps - Can you tell I love using SF lights :)

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
Would you all believe I have what's the REAL equivalent of "Serial #0", meaing: I have the original, black, protoype they used at Surefire to develop what we now know as the early M6's. It is engraved with the M2 nomenclature they originally planned for this model, but it's definitely the working model of what they designed to be the formidable "MAGNUM"(/"Guardian") *S*. I have the prototype they built the M3 model off of too. A couple of my more valuable one-of-a-kind Surefires *S*
- Russ

Size15's

Flashaholic
Gander_Man,
Why should we have to believe when you can show us photos?
(if you can not host them yourself you are welcome to email me them and I'll host them for you)

Al :popcorn:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Gander_Man said:
Would you all believe I have what's the REAL equivalent of "Serial #0", meaing: I have the original, black, protoype they used at Surefire to develop what we now know as the early M6's. It is engraved with the M2 nomenclature they originally planned for this model, but it's definitely the working model of what they designed to be the formidable "MAGNUM"(/"Guardian") *S*. I have the prototype they built the M3 model off of too. A couple of my more valuable one-of-a-kind Surefires *S*
- Russ
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
:popcorn: :popcorn: PICS? :popcorn: :popcorn:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
Al,
I took a few pics. How do I email them to you, because, by hitting your Bio, where it allows me to email you, I don't see how to attach any pics. I don't see how to add attachments either that way OR by private messaging)??
- Russ