wal-mart

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
so i have about $35 to spend at wal-mart or target tonight, idk which yet. any recommendations on what i should get?

in case anyone is wondering i mean what flashlight should i get

rockz4532

Enlightened
oh heres a tuffie... hmm get the ROV sportsman extreme at walmart or get the inova X5 at target for 30$
Edit: your avatar is a bit scary...

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coleman MAX 2AA (WM) or River Rock NightFire 2C (Target) would be options on many people's lists. Target also has a bunch of Inova lights and the River Rock K2 lantern. WM has a bunch of other Coleman MAX lights to look at too.

rockz4532

Enlightened
Coleman MAX 2AA (WM) or River Rock NightFire 2C (Target) would be options on many people's lists. Target also has a bunch of Inova lights and the River Rock K2 lantern. WM has a bunch of other Coleman MAX lights to look at too.
i would recommend the coleman max, but the tailcap sucks, mine got stuck and broke. also if you stop by home depot, there is a 2d huskey with more throw

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
oh heres a tuffie... hmm get the ROV sportsman extreme at walmart or get the inova X5 at target for 30$
Edit: your avatar is a bit scary...
thats me from halloween, yea other people thought it was a bit frightening too, im so proud, lol:D. those are good ideas I'll check em out.
but yea these are good ideas, i was actually looking at the river rock the last time i was at target

edit: yea i saw a review of the husky and it looks good, but idk the next time I'll be around home depot

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of the Coleman 2AA and it works great. I just prefer the AA Eneloop battery over all others. Good general purpose CREE light, with large spill and some range. Not a TF2C thrower, but still gets out there. Yes it is efficient, hardly gets warm with extended use.

Mine cost $24.99 so it's just within you range.

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of the Coleman 2AA and it works great. I just prefer the AA Eneloop battery over all others. Good general purpose CREE light, with large spill and some range. Not a TF2C thrower, but still gets out there. Yes it is efficient, hardly gets warm with extended use.

Mine cost $24.99 so it's just within you range.
cool I'll check it out

are there any flashlights i should stay away from?

rockz4532

Enlightened
stay away from the inova x1 at target. three words, it completely sucks, it is droven at maybe 0.5 watts tops, and gets hot after 20 minutes of use which i see as resistor heat. also the colman staying cool is not necessarily good. it could mean the heatsinking is not good or that it is under driving the LED
edit: also if the coleman gets broken, it takes 15 minutes, a clamp, oversized pliers, and elbow grease to attemp to open the bezel , i did it and measured the output to the LED at 3.10 volts with primaries at 1.2v each... not exactly the best driver in the world.
edit again: also stay away from 3aaa lights, they have a flimsey battery carrier and the 3aas equal less than 2aas, to be exact, 1.2aa's equals 3aaa's. i see that your sig line has 3aaa dorcys, imo id stay away from them

Last edited:

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
so i ended up getting a 3aaa Coleman Cree with a red/blue colored lenses, i also got an LED upgrade for a Mini Mag, i still have $10 left over too. and that $10 will go to my next flashlight purchase

rockz4532

Enlightened
so i ended up getting a 3aaa Coleman Cree with a red/blue colored lenses, i also got an LED upgrade for a Mini Mag, i still have $10 left over too. and that $10 will go to my next flashlight purchase
noooooo! a 3aaa light!! batteries will eventually cost more than the light! with 10$ go to circuit city and get some eneloops:twothumbs

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
noooooo! a 3aaa light!! batteries will eventually cost more than the light! with 10$ go to circuit city and get some eneloops:twothumbs
i may just do that, especially since Circuit City filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy i may be able to get them at a steal. But my local target sells 6 pack AAAs at $1.29. they go on sale if the packaging gets ruffed up, which happens all to often.

edit: im actually in the middle of writing a review on the flashlight since i cant seem to locate once on here, i cant even find the particular model on wal-mart's website or coleman's website.

rockz4532

Enlightened
i may just do that, especially since Circuit City filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy i may be able to get them at a steal. But my local target sells 6 pack AAAs at $1.29. they go on sale if the packaging gets ruffed up, which happens all to often.

edit: im actually in the middle of writing a review on the flashlight since i cant seem to locate once on here, i cant even find the particular model on wal-mart's website or coleman's website.
IMO eneloops will last a lot longer in a High Power LED light then alkalines. expect 30 minutes of output until 50 percent. Are the AAA cells energizer or duracells? if they arnt then they are cheap carbon zinc batteries that last even less. If you want cheap batteries go to the dollar tree, they have 16AAAs for $1.08. But i highly recommend eneloops. at CC they are on clearance for $8.99 for a four pack of eneloops.
Edit: all of the coleman max's are not on the site, i think it is a walmart special. post the link of the review once your'e done!
also i would save up for a Fenix or Surefire now, i am not very satisfied with my dept store lights, and if i saved up i would have so many better lights. for me the P2D CE Q5 on high is brighter than my 115 lumen coleman max, on turbo, it blows it away! and its 1/3rd the size

Last edited:

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
IMO eneloops will last a lot longer in a High Power LED light then alkalines. expect 30 minutes of output until 50 percent. Are the AAA cells energizer or duracells? if they arnt then they are cheap carbon zinc batteries that last even less. If you want cheap batteries go to the dollar tree, they have 16AAAs for $1.08. But i highly recommend eneloops. at CC they are on clearance for $8.99 for a four pack of eneloops.
The cheap Target batteries are Duracell actually, but the next time i can get to a Circuit City I will look at eneloops

rockz4532

Enlightened