upgrading, suggestions needed.

swampwise

Newly Enlightened
im new here and beginning to feel what i believe to be the first symptoms of flashaholism.

up until about 4 months ago, my knowledge of the best flashlight extended only to "thumper", my 4d mag. i spotted a streamlight super tac at the local academy, and decided to give it a try, and the rest, as they say, is history--so far.

i've enjoyed the ST so far. (im a night guard at the county jail, so im finding that a good light is necessary.) im issued a stock stinger, but i carry it in my bag, with the ST on my belt.\

anyway, it's a good light, but the only problem i have with it is that it's impractical to use it to see close up. the light is so bright on the groun in front of me that i hae to actually reflect it off of my shirt to be able to see anything afterward. im looking for a light that has a low and high setting that would allow me to see the ground in front of me as well as be able to see several hundred yards across the campus, and even blind a potential threat.

ive considered a few from eagletac, and the fenix tk11. i like the different settings, and i also like the tactical setup, tailswitch, defense bezel, and all that good stuff.

lastly, it would be great if i could keep it under about $100.

suggestions, fellow flashaholics? (pictures of said suggestions' beam shot comparisons, particuarly with a ST, are even better)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't have beamshots(as I don't own any of those lights) but the Fenix T series should work. The TK11 and TK20 both have a smooth reflector and would throw a bit more then the other ones, but the beam won't be as smooth.

The Eagletac ones should work too. The Nitecore Extreme or Defender infinity might work too. Less throw then the above lights but they have a user programmable low output level. Similer to the Jetbeam IBS lights(The Jet III should be good).

:welcome: