Trustfir TR-801 for EDC

glenda17

Enlightened
I think this is one of the best edc flashlights going now. The Trustfire -801 is small enough for pocket carry. The beam is powerful and surprisingly absent of the cree ring. The quality of the construction is good. If it were a little shorter it would be ideal. This 18650 light is a good alternative to the single RCR123 pocket rockets. Would be great if Deerelight built something like this.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is one of the best edc flashlights going now. The Trustfire -801 is small enough for pocket carry. The beam is powerful and surprisingly absent of the cree ring. The quality of the construction is good. If it were a little shorter it would be ideal. This 18650 light is a good alternative to the single RCR123 pocket rockets. Would be great if Deerelight built something like this.

I agree this is a nice EDC that is barely bigger than a Fenix P3D.

My light has two issues, consistent with what others have said.

(1) An undersized front lens and no o-ring at the front. If you want to waterproof the light, you'll need to upgrade the lens to a 20mm ($4 from flashlightlens), add an o-ring, and shave the front of the reflector.

(2) The distance from the back of the battery tube to the tail switch board is barely long enough. Another o-ring under the switch PCB will fix that too.

Oh, and if you want it to tailstand, you can take some material off the nub inside the button.

Last edited: