Before I buy my LSH-P..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Before I buy my LSH-P I want to be clear on its advantages over my previous ARCs.

I have several LS 400 seconds, one of which is excellent, slightly bluish, nice wide beam not quite as bright as my brightest KL1 but more pleasant to look at. I have it mounted in a 2AA ARC pack with 2 lithiums becauise runtime is very important to me. The twist head is more convenient for me than a clickie. With a thin strip of skateboard tape around the head it is very comfortable to use in"standard" flashlight position.

Here are my questions about the LSH-P:

1) Will it attach properly to the 2AA body? (partly answered by "old 123 twisty" thread.

2)Specific beam advantages over previous Arcs, ie: brightness, color, beam pattern and dispersion. In particular, is the beam like a stage spot which is sharply defined with virtually no peripheral light. IOW, is it a clear circle of light surrounded by darkness?

3) Is it really brighter than previous LS's?

4) How glitch-free is the LSH-P? IOW, is it a finished product that I can rely on when I'm out in the sticks some dark night?

5) What is the highest voltage it will accept on a constant-run basis?

I know that some of these questions have been partly answered already, but before I spend $130-$160 I want to be as clear as possible on these issues.

Brightnorm

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) it should in theory...some aluminium foil might be needed to make a good connection though

2) the premium LSH or LSL is brighter than the standard version, and very white. the LSL's beam pattern should be similar to the LS seconds you have, but the LSH's beam pattern has a distinct hotspot that throws further than the LSL. i would describe the spread of the LSH's beam as similar to a surefire P61 lamp assembly, but the LSH's beam is square-ish in shape, with a circular hotspot within the square. its hard to describe, but i have no issues with it whatever and i like the extended throw. it has a side spill of light similar to a normal incandescent flashlight.

3) someone else will have to answer that since i don't have an older LS, but it supposedly is.

4) definitely...i don't think i've ever read of an LSH/LSL failing from regular use. it either works and does so forever, or fails to light up at all in which case arc will provide you with a replacement light. the only possible weak point of an LSH would be the clickie, but since you plan to use it with a twistie it shouldn't be an issue.

5) no idea...someone else will have to fill in for me.

hope that was helpful...i'm sure more knowledgeable cpf members will pitch in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Brightnorm,

I have a LSH-P and use it with the 2 AA body. I use it almost everyday and never have had a problem with it.

The hot spot is surrounded by a very useful peripheral spill light. I find this beam pattern works better than any other I have used for inspection purposes. Also, the beam is white.

I have had no problems with the clickie switch, however I must qualify this by saying that my use is "momentary on" about 90% of the time. Click on gets used when I hand the light to someone else and they click it on and off a few times while I am trying to get them to understand that an ARC is not a Mag Lite. I believe that the twistie switch has had more problems than the clickie.

I have no regrets with this light.

Tom

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BrightNorm,

I have one, it is very nice, sold off my other Arc LS as soon as I got it and turned it on. It is very white, and much brighter (although I got to select from a dozen of them and picked the absolute best and brightest one)... >=)

It has the signature "cross" in the beam (result of mating a High Dome with an NX-05) and throws a bit farther than the LD version.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LSH-P makes the surefire E2E/KL1 look bad in my opinion and I sold mine. The LSH-P is the only small pocketable led that I know of that has this level of relative brightness and whiteness at the same time. I sold my old (6 week old) lsh-s and when County Comm had their $70 sale, I couldn't resist and bought another one. The lsh-P and the KL1 are about the same brightness but the arc is much nice to look at (because there is no purple hotspot)

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I had a LS2-Blem before I got my LSH-P. I know that there were some Blems that were greenies and not very nice, but my LS2 was bright and the color was good. I was very satisfied and still carry and use that light. Enter the LSH-P that Jolly Roger sold me... Wow, a whole different animal. It is brighter, whiter without being blue, and the throw is definately much improved. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.