new LED tech. in 2009?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the end of the year I am contemplating another LED light purchase.

I have been thinking about the Wolf Eyes Sniper MC-E that's over 500 lumens. I am hesitant to make the move because :ohgeez:NEW improvements may be just around the corner in 2009!

anybody know about any new upcomimg developments?:confused:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I doubt we're going to see anything crazy get released anytime soon- sure, luxeon may do a new 4 die LED like everyone else (hopefully better than the lux V!), and LED's might get slightly more efficient with CRI improving, but there won't be much in the way of huge jumps IMHO.

Last edited:

L.E.D.

Enlightened
4x P7(or better) MOSPOS Excalibur, 8x18650, 3000+ lumen pencil-thin beam. Like having a solid-state SureFire Hellfire with less weight and more throw.. (hopefully middle of next year)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the info! looks like I'll be calling Mike at PTS for that W/E!:party:

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
4x P7(or better) MOSPOS Excalibur, 8x18650, 3000+ lumen pencil-thin beam. Like having a solid-state SureFire Hellfire with less weight and more throw.. (hopefully middle of next year)

So, this sounds very interesting!

Any more info on this new light?

ApoXX

Newly Enlightened
I'm doubtful on it actually happening anytime soon but I'd love to see an MC-E or P7 with multiple color dies. It seems feasible that you could have a red, blue, green, and maybe D65 white one and then create a flashlight UI that allowed the user to set a custom tint/color. :D

Southernlight

Enlightened
I think there may be someone thinking about a better UI, but this is such a subjective thing. :shrug: Perhaps a small step and continuation in brightness and efficiency of the emitters. :thinking: Lets not forget efficiency. :green:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm doubtful on it actually happening anytime soon but I'd love to see an MC-E or P7 with multiple color dies. It seems feasible that you could have a red, blue, green, and maybe D65 white one and then create a flashlight UI that allowed the user to set a custom tint/color. :D
That would be my dream light,and if it had multiple led's(3xP7 or 3xMC-E)even better.