New Stenlight S7+ is here

noelex

Newly Enlightened
I have just ordered a new Stenlight S7+ from

http://www.excellentstuff.co.uk

(I am in Europe at the moment). The only details are:

"It has two Luxeron Rebel 100 emitters, and (in common with the recently released Rebel 70 version) a new user replaceable cable and new frosted Carclo optics."

It is also apparently 2mm shorter.

Note the Rebel 70 is still available as the S7, but has been updated with the new cable and optics.

Hopefully this has made the best headlight even better.

I will post a comparison with my existing Stenlight 7 (C) when it arrives.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I've read a bit about the upgraded sten on some of the caving forums, but Sten hasn't yet really explained the upgrades with full specs on their website.

Right now I have a Serv-Light being built for me, but am considering getting a Sten for my wife's helmet.

I sure would like to see comparison beamshots of the newest Sten vs. the Serv-light.

vanoord

Newly Enlightened
I've seen the two side by side and the new Sten S7+ is *much* brighter than the original S7.

I've been waiting for a while for the R100 Sten to appear and have finally taken the plunge and bought one (also from www.excellentstuff.co.uk in the UK).

I've not used it in anger yet, but it's an impressive bit of kit with good throw and a good spread.

KarstGhost

Enlightened
A lot of my caver friends use the Sten and seem to like it. I know they're a very tough light, but they don't seem that bright for the money. I could be wrong, but is Luxeon Rebel really the best they could give us for a $370 headlamp?

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I know they're a very tough light, but they don't seem that bright for the money.

It is a great headlamp and I would have one on both mine and my wife's caving helmets if they were a bit more high performance.

I cannot justify spending that much money on a headlamp that is not as bright as a flashlight costing 1/10 the price. I know that a lot of the cost is in the bomb-proof rugged quality, but I also want the performance to be just as good as the build quality

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah Id like to see dual XP-G R5 for that
much $crilla- or SST-50?
SST would be a nice BIG flood in an HL me
thinks..