D26-LED Selected Tint from LF

DCP117

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have this lamp assembly and is there any real difference between it and the white tinted one?

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, the LF D26-LED "Selected Tint" is slightly warmer than the standard white one. My guess is that the standard white one uses a Cree XR-E R2 WC tint emitter, which is suppose to be "pure white" but I have usually found to be a hair blue-white. I think the select tint uses a WG tint emitter which leans more towards green-white and so looks a little warmer. The human eye sees the most shades of green and so I think the WG tint works better in normal use (i.e. taking it outdoors), but everyone has their preference of course.

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
I have a few LF modules, both select tint and regular. Ace0001a summed up the difference perfectly. The select tint module is my favorite P60 drop in as the tint is very nice while also being very bright with great throw.

txgp17

Enlightened
I have two that I'd like to sell. They perform exactly as described, but the Malkoff gives a better beam pattern.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some on order and look forward to them. A comment from LF below might help to explain the "special tint" question.......

Thanks for the order.

It is not any special tint actually, it is a selected tint version where we
have selected the best PURE white LEDs so you don't have to put up with blue
or purple or any weird colour tint on your LED.
The so called "tint lottery" as they say.

I hope you will be happy with them.

Cheers,
Lumens Factory

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those of you with the LF LED dropins, do they work in SF lights without removing the outer spring (with no body/bezel gap)?

Thanks,
Robert

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
Those of you with the LF LED dropins, do they work in SF lights without removing the outer spring (with no body/bezel gap)?

Thanks,
Robert

I have three of the LF modules and have found they fit very uniformly in my surefires but the spring has to come off. Even after removing the spring, there is a very small gap when tightening down the head. About the same fit I get with my Malkoff M60 as a comparision. I like this fit as the pill has direct contact with the flashlight body. One other thing, the pills are tight to the reflector from the factory - maybe they are glued? I also like this as they do indeed seem to be perfectly focused for max throw as LF states. In turn, you can't adjust the fit and bezel gap because of this.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
As above......just received mine today, it fits my G2 without the large spring and leaves only a hairline gap, just about perfect. It also fits my Leef but this time with the outer spring left on. The tint is very white, compared to some other normal LED's I have they are cooler than the LF and when compared to my 5AQ2 this one is much warmer than the LF......So yes, the LF is neutral white imho......and bright.