MM Q3

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compared to my year old MM I would say yes. Versus new units close but still worth it. It is more a "hand picked" rahter than the luck of the draw. I got a new BB 400 and it seems as bright and white as the Q3

How is that for decisive? Or was it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you feel lucky or does not care about brightness and color, then you better be off with regular MM (Up to P in brightness). However, the $10 ensure you got both Q binned luxeon and White color(3).

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Worth it for sure IMHO. I have a regular MM that's about 3 months old, and I had (just sold it to a guy at work) a Q3 one, and the light from the Q3 is much whiter in comparison to the other one. Not to say the other one is bad, just kind of a "warmer" white with a slight greenishtint to it, but it's still way whiter than an incandescent.

I just bought a new MM+ and BB 500 and bought the Q3 emitters separate so that I would get the two LS's I pulled off of the boards for only $10. Plus, I'll have a BB 500 with Q3L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, and I don't think anyone else has done this yet (probably, but I haven't seen anything about it)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
Is it worth the $10?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the MM+? Is it worth the three dollars? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif YES!

rajanf1

Newly Enlightened
The difference in brightness with respect to price is not the issue here because 3 bucks will be a small amount for ppl earning $. However, imho, the MM+ will have a shorter runtime which in my case may not be necessarily good for a utility light.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shorter runtime does not mean not good for utility light. It is depends on people need. They can choose bright or runtime, not both.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
MM is the adjustable one. BB is constant current output. Dunno about MM+

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OSCommerce uses your home address info along with the Credit card info and sends that to authorize.net for verification. If you accidentally created your account with incorrect information, you might be getting an error.

This is new to me and I'm still figuring out what's what.

Is there an error message that might shed some clues to whats not working?

Wayne

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:
MM is the adjustable one. BB is constant current output. Dunno about MM+

[/ QUOTE ]

The MM+ is adjustable... right???? I assume it is like the regular MM but capable of more voltage.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Illuminatingbikr said:
The MM+ is adjustable... right???? I assume it is like the regular MM but capable of more voltage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is capable of more current. The voltage booster circuit works similar, but the circuit allow more current to get to the led than the original.