Inova X5 tailcap

johnfolsomjr

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a clicky switch out there for an Inova X5? Perhaps a SureFire that fits it? I would like to get rid of the twisty on/off in favor of a push button. Any ideas?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clickie switch from the current INOVA T-2 model will fit on an X5.Not sure if there is any way to get the switch without buying a T-2 though.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not aware of anyone selling INOVA tailcaps but you could try contacting INOVA directly.INOVA(Emissive Energy) has never provided much support as far as modifications(even simple tailcap swaps like this) to their lights so I am not sure if you will have any success.
On a side note the INOVA T-2 is a good light in it's own right if you are looking for something more powerful with some throw.

outersquare

Enlightened
unfortunately i've never seen inova selling parts separately,
i've called them asking for parts and they say no.

madflytom

Newly Enlightened
Is this still a no-go for a clicky type tailcap? I was just thinking about this today. Maybe it's time to save up and get an Inforce light with power levels and strobe, etc. It will be a year before I'll have the extra cash to throw at that project, though.

Anyone found a source for the t-series tailcaps only?

Thanks!

johnfolsomjr

Newly Enlightened
Right after I started this thread I emailed INNOVA and they said they would send me a replacement tailcap, but it never showed up :( Maybe you will have better luck....