Helps

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
Can you switch the 1D p7 Mag's Body with another 1D body???????????
It seems plausible as long as the bore is the same right?

rockz4532

Enlightened
I don't quite understand you. Do you mean swapping the body of the P7 to a different head? Swapping batteries? Internal components?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Doesn't a Mag only have 3 main parts, the body, which in this case would contain the LED, driver if there is one, switch(if not modded to a tailcap switch), heatsink and the other main parts of the light besides the reflector. If you swap the bodies, you'll end up with an empty or non LED Mag1D(presuming non LED modded 1D body).

If you are thinking about swapping the internal components of a 1D Mag P7 light to another Mag 1D body, then it should work as long as they are from the same era. It might be a bit of work though.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't the body only hold the batteries? (newwwwwwwwwwb question) lol

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Not the Mag mods.

Look around in the Mod section and you'll see that most of the Maglite mods have the heatsink, driver, LED and such in the body, that's just how maglites are designed and how most mods work.

For example look at this mod. As you can see, the heatsink with the LED goes in to the body along with the switch and driver. Most single LED Maglite mods and drop-ins are like that.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
Ic Ic, so then if i want one in this body
sadad.png

I'd have to talk to one of the builders here on CPF ?

JamisonM

Enlightened
Can you switch the 1D p7 Mag's Body with another 1D body???????????
It seems plausible as long as the bore is the same right?
You can, but you'll have to take everything out of the mag's body. This can be easy or this can be hard. Is the driver or P7 heatsink epoxied in place?

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
Neither just wondering because i cant find anyone selling a p7 mag with a body i like lol ;.;

JamisonM

Enlightened
Neither just wondering because i cant find anyone selling a p7 mag with a body i like lol ;.;
I think you're going to need to have the work you want done to the maglite's body first and then mod it with a P7. I wouldn't want to do it the other way.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
mhmm , I'm trying to find builders and see if they can build one, heres hoping