I found my G2 is more worth it in the long run than my scorpion

Azreal911

Enlightened
At first i bought the scorpion and thought it was a wicked flashlight and then bought a SF g2 cause it wasn't that much more than a scorpion($69CND) vs G2($91). the price wasn't because of the build quality cause both where really nice and it wasn't because of beam quality and brightness (both where very even!). but Then i found out the scorpion bulbs are like 8-9 bucks each and with a 5 hr lamplife if NOT used intermittently, ouch! and i found that surefire P60 lamps are 30 bucks but would last for 30hrs. It became evident that it would cost almost like 48 bucks to get the same lamplife as the g2. I'm just wondering am i being on the high side here or is the P60 lamp only 20hrs life? so in the end it isn't really that much to get a surefire (G2) for the long run. i better save my scorpion in my car for emergency use now. oh well enough thinking i gotta go.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've never had a P60 die of old age. I've also found them very stable against shocks and damage - the beam holds true very well.

Average lamp life of a SureFire bulb is about 25-30 hours constant-on according to PK.

Al