Paying problems

pulstar

Enlightened
Hello!

Today i tried to order some stuff from different vendors which offers paying without paypal account(paypal in slovenia still doesn't work like it should), only by credit card, but through secure checkout(paypal checkout, roman cart,...). Usually all internet sites have "proceed to checkout" button which leads you from your "cart"(where you can view your ordered items) to checkout form. There should be a button which offers you payment without a paypal account but when i click on proceed to checkout button i'm automatically redirected to a page, where i can only create a paypal account. What the hell is wrong, or i'm just to clumsy to finish this damn order....

I tried on several sites, roman cart secure checkout seems to work fine, but paypal secure checkout on www.ledfire.co.uk and www.neolumen.eu offers me only a create account form!

Could someone check those two sites and try to checkout some items from cart and see if there are same issues. These two vendors are the only european jetbeam dealers that have reasonable prices, there are some american, but i can't afford them because shipment costs and very high import duties.

I would be very happy if someone could help me, or else i will be forced to buy something else....:(

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
Beside the fact that i wouldn't use PayPal too for reasons not to specify here, i remember that u can use PayPal for shopping even without an account, just with your credit card. Please look again through the checkout site you are redirected to if you are really forced to create a PayPal account or just asked to enter your billing information... (i.e. 'Pay with Credit Card or Log In').

(Btw. what import duties do you have in Slovenia? As Slovenia is a member of the EU, tariffs like the 5,7 % for importing stuff like flashlights into the EU have been omitted by last year for goods worth up to 150 Euro... Of course this does not count for national sales tax you might have.)

Last edited:

pulstar

Enlightened
(Btw. what import duties do you have in Slovenia? As Slovenia is a member of the EU, tariffs like the 5,7 % for importing stuff like flashlights into the EU have been omitted by last year for goods worth up to 150 Euro... Of course this does not count for national sales tax you might have.)
Well, i expressed myself wrong: import duties are like you said, but there's a 20% VAT (DDV in our language) tax on any bought goods... I rechecked those two sites and i found no options of paying without accout: there are only options of logging in paypal, or creating a new account....Did someone tried also?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at the ledfire site and you don't need to create a Paypal account. You get to this option
Pay with Credit Card or Log In
then you just ignore the "save your details with Paypal" option at the bottom.

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
I looked at the ledfire site and you don't need to create a Paypal account. You get to this option then you just ignore the "save your details with Paypal" option at the bottom.
So is me.

As i said: The data you have to enter on www.ledfire.co.uk after Check out are your billing information and not account creation... Maybe look again or use a dictionary next time?

pulstar

Enlightened
Jesus, how is that possible..When i'm in cart there' s an option Checkout with paypal....if i click on it it takes me to a new page, where's a big heading
Create a PayPal Account or Log In

there is no buttons or such things which could lead me to different payment method...

I'm desperate:(.....

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
Sorry dude, but then we see different screens...

I am seeing this one on www.ledfire.co.uk after clicking on "Check out with PayPal":

ledphoton.jpg

At the end, just ignore "Save your information with PayPal" and click on "Review Payment" after entering your billing information...

Last edited:

pulstar

Enlightened
Yes, we see a different screens....well, can i ask you a favor? can you put two AW 18650 cells, Jetbeam Jet-III M, and one-bay generic charger for 18650 cells(its around 11-12 pounds) into your cart, click on checkout with paypal and then send me a link to billing screen?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using Firefox with scripts turned off? That always causes me problems. If so, you need to turn scripts on.

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
Yes, we see a different screens....well, can i ask you a favor? can you put two AW 18650 cells, Jetbeam Jet-III M, and one-bay generic charger for 18650 cells(its around 11-12 pounds) into your cart, click on checkout with paypal and then send me a link to billing screen?
Sorry, not possible. Shop works with Cookies and Session IDs. But even when i load your stuff into the cart and proceed to check out, it still gets me the same screen as above... so maybe cave_dave is right. I can't imagine PayPal works with country IP filters for check out.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Early on in the process you do have to click a 'check out with Paypal' button, but then on the next screen there's a link...

Don't have a PayPal account?
No problem, continue checkout.

Click 'continue checkout'. Then you reach the screen shown above.

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi again guys! I tried to find some informations and i came across something: Do you, who tried to checkout on ledfire site, already have a paypal account, so maybe site checks your saved cookies and redirects you on different site than me?

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
Well Dude, you are pretty tough... For my try-out: I neither have a PayPal account nor does my browser daysaves cookies for i always get the screen as above. I rather suggest you create yourself a PayPal account or call a Slovenian buddy to check if he can reproduce your findings. Maybe PayPal does not allow Slovenians to pay via credit card :poof:

Last edited:

pulstar

Enlightened
Well, i have java and javascripts enabled, cookies enabled, no other than standard protection(antivirus...)....Are there any other scripts, settings or something like that that could effect on those damn redirrectings... Any other ideas? I'll try to contact paypal, but i really don't think that i'll be contacted back....

pulstar

Enlightened
Thanks for your help...Seems like there will be no Jetbeams for me in the near future...:(
Titan, that would be hard without a paypal account, wouldn't be?But thanks for offer... I would create a paypal account instantly, if i had my own credit card...I'm 21 years old an a student...

Daddy, do you know anything about some good flashlight vendors stationed in germany, that offers Nitecores, Jetbeams etc. with reasonable prices?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your help...Seems like there will be no Jetbeams for me in the near future...:(
Titan, that would be hard without a paypal account, wouldn't be?But thanks for offer... I would create a paypal account instantly, if i had my own credit card...I'm 21 years old an a student...
Sorry I didn't realise :ohgeez: That said I'm sure some CPFERS in Germany could help maybe I can contact a friend :twothumbs