A pretty good Defuser.

mhubble

Enlightened
I just recently got my my EAGLETAC P100C2 and planned to use it for close work from 1 to 10 feet. Well this thing is so bright it actually hurt my eyess to use it that close. So I checked the threads on defusers and then set out to find something that would work. After a few failures with scotch tape and other things I found this at WALMART. Its contact paper used to line shelves. Good and sticky, defuses the beam perfect. Cost 6.00 for a HUGE ROLL. Easy to cut with scissors and isnt as easy to tear as scotch tape. It actually will stretch a little without deforming. Seems to work well with heat too. Ran the EAGLETAC for a solid hour on hi with no problem. Sorry no beam shots.

1004460.jpg

1004457.jpg

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
This interests me a lot. Does this convert the beam to complete flood, or, is there still a hotspot, though more diffuse?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good find, mhubble. Thanks for the tip. I noticed the packaging says it removes cleanly. Does it leave much stickum to clean up?

Geoff

mhubble

Enlightened
Does this convert the beam to complete flood, or, is there still a hotspot, though more diffuse?

Still a hot spot but more defused, Looks alot like a SSC LED now.

Does it leave much stickum to clean up?

Very little, A little 409 took it right off.

seaside

Enlightened
Good find, mhubble. Thanks for the tip. I noticed the packaging says it removes cleanly. Does it leave much stickum to clean up?

Geoff

I have a whole role of this particular contact paper, so I can tell.

It's rather tacky than sticky, means easy to apply, easy to take off.
Usually there's no residue when we take it off. Even if there's some residue, that's very easy to clean it off.

1 sheet of contact film is not thick enough to make spotty beam into complete flood. But you're gonna get smooth beam, and you can always add another layer of contact film on top of it.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Defuser or Diffuser? Hehe,

Those do look like good diffusers, thanks!

You can try a beamshot just to show what the beam is like, doesn't have to be pretty(pic has to be 800x600 or less). Or find a thread with beamshots of a similar beam pattern(will take some time).

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lens has an AR coating on it. Couldn't the adhesive material (or the stuff you used to remove it) be harmful to this coating?

mhubble

Enlightened
The Lens has an AR coating on it. Couldn't the adhesive material (or the stuff you used to remove it) be harmful to this coating?

I put 3 different defusers on the light taking two off before it finely suited me, I used "goo be gone" and 409 to clean the lens and it didnt bother it at all.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That beam looks really nice now. I have a P10A2 and was looking for something like this. How much of a drop in overall light do you notice with this film? The P10A2 has so much light on high it probably won't matter. Thanks for the tip.

mhubble

Enlightened
How much of a drop in overall light do you notice with this film?

Im guessing here but I would say it drops about 10-15 %. It doesnt take all of the throw away but it does hurt it.