2xAA body for SF E head?!

sohl

Newly Enlightened
I would like to have a 2xAA body for my nitecore extreme head, do it exist?

The nitecore extreme head are SF E compatible.

Rat6P

Enlightened
Lighthound used to sell a 3x123 E series head/C series tail Leefbody. That could have been easily rigged to be a great 2AA body. They don't seem to have them anymore............maybe you could try the BST forums and put up a wanted?

Rat6P

Enlightened
ahh I totally forgot about the FM bodies.........they look nice and are probably the more cost efficient option too. May have to pick up one for my NEX

I tried to find an FB3 a while back with no luck, found them in china or HK but the vendor wanted to use some dodgy funds transfer medium......the other option they gave me was to fax my CC number and details to them:shakehead. I declined

The leefbody requires a tailcap that you would have to fork out more $$ for.

Illum

Flashaholic
Although many would agree that surefire may have lost alot of customers having laid this concept on the shelf instead of producing it...I really don't think its the best interest of surefire to break-in into another form of batteries, CR123A models are as complicated as it is:thinking:

You kinda have to admit the slim factor though, wonder what it'll look compared to the L2:D

With a E head on it at best you can run an MN01 lamp, even at that I highly doubt the AAs can keep up with the current consumption, not to mention the possibility of a leak:caution:

Lighthound used to sell a 3x123 E series head/C series tail Leefbody. That could have been easily rigged to be a great 2AA body. They don't seem to have them anymore............maybe you could try the BST forums and put up a wanted?

Leef isn't as effecicent turning these out as FM, I guess lighthound stopped the sale because either too many people are waiting on the order list or Leef simply ended the production due to private reasons:shakehead

Last edited:

steveG

Enlightened
Although many would agree that surefire may have lost alot of customers having laid this concept on the shelf instead of producing it...I really don't think its the best interest of surefire to break-in into another form of batteries, CR123A models are as complicated as it is:thinking:

You kinda have to admit the slim factor though, wonder what it'll look compared to the L2:D

With a E head on it at best you can run an MN01 lamp, even at that I highly doubt the AAs can keep up with the current consumption, not to mention the possibility of a leak:caution:

Leef isn't as effecicent turning these out as FM, I guess lighthound stopped the sale because either too many people are waiting on the order list or Leef simply ended the production due to private reasons:shakehead

I'm digging that! Is it yours? I agree it wouldn't necessarily work to Surefire's advantage to stray from CR123A batteries, but it sure would be nice to have an option to use a more common battery in my single cell Surefires.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Illum, that is one gorgeous SF.:) I've had to make do with an M30 in my C3 or G3.:sigh:

OP, CPF member etc has done a thread regarding xAA with the FM AA bodies & the M30, you might want to check that out (although those were C-series heads, not E-series, now that I think about it, sorry).

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm digging that! Is it yours? I agree it wouldn't necessarily work to Surefire's advantage to stray from CR123A batteries, but it sure would be nice to have an option to use a more common battery in my single cell Surefires.

nope...found it here
along with a couple other surefire rarities
http://www.surefirekorea.com/board/board.html?code=surefire_board2

it doesn't look right...proportions and all, with an AA body, it'll be better off stacked on top of each other. or 4 in a cluster for some 2s2p huh huh?:D

If they were actually produced there will not be so much E2e bodies in the house :ohgeez:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using a Surefire L2 body with the electronics removed and the center section bored out will allow the use of 2 AA's.
As an added bonus since the L2 uses a 2 stage tailcap, you will also get 2-levels.

steveG

Enlightened
Using a Surefire L2 body with the electronics removed and the center section bored out will allow the use of 2 AA's.
As an added bonus since the L2 uses a 2 stage tailcap, you will also get 2-levels.

Hmmmm, now the question, is am I going to be willing to buy and gut an L2?

You have any extra L2 bodies you want to sell? Hehe!