Broken U2 lense

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just broke the lense on my surefire U2 Ultra, I was working on my roof to My shop wich is about two storys up. I was working when I drop my U2, my friend was down below when it fell, I saw it hit the ground and it flickerd. My friend picked it up and turned it on, and I knew it was going to turn on becuase I have droped it many times. He threw it back up to me and when I caught it it hit the hammer. Not hard, but I guess hard enough to break it. I am not sure if it hit a rock when it fell or if it was when it hit the hammer when it broke.

So will surefire replace this? or should I just buy a new lense? I really cant believe this happend. I guess this may give me a reason to buy a new L4a or L5a.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just broke the lense on my surefire U2 Ultra, I was working on my roof to My shop wich is about two storys up. I was working when I drop my U2, my friend was down below when it fell, I saw it hit the ground and it flickerd. My friend picked it up and turned it on, and I knew it was going to turn on becuase I have droped it many times. He threw it back up to me and when I caught it it hit the hammer. Not hard, but I guess hard enough to break it. I am not sure if it hit a rock when it fell or if it was when it hit the hammer when it broke.

So will surefire replace this? or should I just buy a new lense? I really cant believe this happend. I guess this may give me a reason to buy a new L4a or L5a.

Surefire will fix it. Their warranty is "If it breaks, we'll fix it". It broke, so they will fix it. :grin2:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send it in, they will fix it.

There is no aftermarket lens that fits nicely either I think..

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds like just the type of question you will need to ask Surefire. Of course, I don't think i'd specifically say you want to be able to use 18650's with it, just ask if you can send the head only.

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I dropped my old U2 off to be repaired/replaced they left the same body but switched the head and tailcap to the new models. I made sure to leave a normal new model body and they returned the same. If you want to make sure you keep your body PM me and I may be able to help you out.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Would they not accept just the head? Tell them it will save you and them shipping costs!

:thinking: They ought to have a few spares somewhere............

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm do you think they will just pop in a new lense or replace the whole head? maybe I will get a new U2A edition. I really would rather have a working light rather than have a up to date head.

vtunderground

Enlightened
I sent Surefire an old L1 with a broken lens. They took the head apart and replaced the lens itself - no other changes to the light.