Stainless steel flashlights?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you find them, how about keeping a list by the battery type?

Be sure to look at KD/DX, some there.

AAA - Fenix LD01
AA - Jetbeam Element

Phill

Newly Enlightened
Other than whats been said.

Shining beam has one (Ese something), i just got from DX the MTE C3-1 that im loving, there is a stainless steel Ultrafire and a few others like that on DX and KD too.

Stainless tends to fall between the cracks - its either at the low budget end ($20-40) or the higher end custom stuff. Mainly because of the weight and its harder to machine than Al i assume (without the premium you can add to the price of Ti).

KingGlamis

Banned
I EDC a Leatherman Monarch 500. Has a CREE emitter with a deep/smooth reflector and is a great thrower.

It uses 3xAAA but the package comes with 6 batteries included, which is why some people got confused in this review that another member here did:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/182032

Here is a beamshot. The trailer is about 30 feet away.

IMGP4566.jpg

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a Leatherman Monarch 500. Has a CREE emitter with a deep/smooth reflector and is a great thrower.

It uses 3xAAA but the package comes with 6 batteries included, which is why some people got confused in this review that another member here did:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/182032

Here is a beamshot. The trailer is about 30 feet away.
That is a nice light, but someone *needs* to gift you a Nitecore d10 or Fenix L1d!! :twothumbs

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
KingGlamis, LOL. Your reference and link to people thinking it takes 6 batteries. Goes to show you that people often do not read the first post in a thread and get caught up in group misinformation. :shakehead:shakehead

Bill

KingGlamis

Banned
That is a nice light, but someone *needs* to gift you a Nitecore d10 or Fenix L1d!! :twothumbs

I also EDC a Fenix L1T (modded) and a PD30. Haven't owned a Nitecore yet but they do look cool. Is you comment because the Monarch is bigger than most EDCs? Doesn't bother me, I typically try to buy pants with large pockets.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also EDC a Fenix L1T (modded) and a PD30. Haven't owned a Nitecore yet but they do look cool. Is you comment because the Monarch is bigger than most EDCs? Doesn't bother me, I typically try to buy pants with large pockets.
My first "real" LED light was the Monarch, it's what got me into the hobby. It is unbearably heavy. Also it uses 3AAAs which is simply not a good way to use battery power.

3xAAAs do not have current regulation so the light starts dimming immediately from first use.

AA lights like the L1D / D10 are very compact / light, and have current regulation so for most of the battery life the output remains constant. It's simply the better way to go. Oh yea, almost forgot to add, for the 1st 5 minutes, the 3xAAA will be slightly brighter than the 1AA light, but after that, it's started dimming, and for the rest of the battery life, the AA lights are more bright. The 1AAs are shockingly bright for its size / weight.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
PEAK LED SOLUTIONS. They have a great selection, very reasonable prices, and fantastic quality. See MWCLINT's sticky in their sub-forum.

+1!!

I got a Peak 3-LED Matterhorn lug-body last year and haven't let it off my steel-bead dog-tag style neck lanyard since.

With a weight-saving Energizer L-92 lithium battery, it's actually very comfortable, brighter than on an alkaline, and has a pretty decent (flatter) discharge curve. This tough little light does everything I want from an always-there/reliable EDC/back-up light.

Peak's numerous other stainless models all ooze "class" -- with great durability.