Will these work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot1970

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I've been thinking of modding this 35mm reflector below to fit in a homemade light body that has a constant 12.1v supply.

However, I need a bright LED to screw into the reflector. And I need a an LED that can handle a constant 12.1v supply without frying on me.

I was considering this drop-in, which only 26mm. However, can I screw this copper base (pill?) with the emitter, into the 35mm reflector below?

[hotlinked image removed - DM51]

This is the reflector I was looking at.

[hotlinked image removed - DM51]

Even if the reviewer says it is a little big. I can turn it down a little to fit.

Also, would that R2 emitter be ok to run at 12.1v continuous use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriot1970

Newly Enlightened
I'm not here to violate some trademark, or promote a certain website.

How can I get any help if the mods remove all of the pics and links to show everyone else what I'm working with?

No one is going to have any idea what I'm trying to do. This doesn't make any sense.

Viper715

Enlightened
You can't hotlink images. It violates the forum policy. The reason is it eats the other websites bandwidth every time this page loads. I believe that you can post links to the page where the picture can be found or you can correct me if I'm wrond can copy the image and then host it on one of the many image hosting sites i.e. tiny pic or others. I think those are the right ways mods correct me if I'm wrong. Also the rules are stickied for your convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.