Wooohooo! I am today's Featured Artist at Imagekind!

X Racer

Enlightened
Feeling pretty stoked right now, I just found out that I am the featured artist on the front page of www.imagekind.com today!

Dave Allen Photography - check it out!

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wooohooo! Today's Featured Artist at Imagekind!

Well done Dave!

Nice work too.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice - congratulations. What are you shooting with?

X Racer

Enlightened

Thanks guys! I usually shoot with a Nikon D300 and sometimes I use a D80. I have a small assortment of Nikkor lenses that I am expanding when I can. I will likely move to the D700 and some better lenses soon.

I've been shooting for just over a year now and have a website at www.daveallenphotography.com with a lot of my shots on it.

I shoot a little of everything these days as I am exploring new possibilities and haven't really decided what "my thing" is...

X Racer

Enlightened
I use lightroom for color and other basic adjustments and then import to photoshop for touch-ups etc...

Thanks guys!

D.B.

Newly Enlightened
Well, the pictures have a great finished quality to them. The color is great too! Was wondering if you have any commonly used filters that you use in Photoshop to give it that soft, aetherial quality that some of your photos have.

X Racer

Enlightened
Unsharp Mask is about the only filter I use on a regular basis. Other than that, just standard spot cleanup and color corrections, and maybe a little dodge and burn if needed.

I occasionally do some exposure blending or subtle HDR techniques, but I don't use any special software for it. I just blend by hand in PS. I don't use multiple exposures either, just making the most out of a single 14bit RAW file if you will...