Dexlight support

bp044

Enlightened
The Emall address in the back of the operation manual for the Dexlight X.1 wont work. Can anybody tell me how to reach this manufacturer ?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the Dexlight X.1 was Deal Extreme's competion to the JETBeam MKIIx. You could try to contact DX, but I doubt you'll get much joy from them. Their customer service isn't the best and the light has been sold out for a long time.

bp044

Enlightened
I believe the Dexlight X.1 was Deal Extreme's competion to the JETBeam MKIIx. You could try to contact DX, but I doubt you'll get much joy from them. Their customer service isn't the best and the light has been sold out for a long time.

Thanks jake25,casshih and Nake. I have tried the fixes suggested before. I still cant get this light to work and it never did work relialbly even when I first bought it from Deal extreme (Quite right about their lack of alleged customer support). I was hoping to find the manufacturer who in the operating manual promises a 10 year warranty.Ha ,HA

bp044

Enlightened
I think the best place to start, bp, is letting us know what your problem is.
If I remove the tail cap and use a paper clip directly from battery to the body of the light it will go on most of the time.I have tried unscrewing the retainer holding the switch and adjusting the brass cup up or down and occasionaly the light will go on, but not any more.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually the Dexlight was Dealextreme's answer to Kaidomain's Rexlight. If I recall correctly, there were 2 versions of the Dexlight: A tail clicky version and a twisty. It was concluded (or speculated) that Dealextreme simply bought OEM Jetbeams and had their DX logo slapped on them.

EDIT: Just checked and yes there were 2 Dexlight versions.

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.dexlight

bp044

Enlightened
Actually the Dexlight was Dealextreme's answer to Kaidomain's Rexlight. If I recall correctly, there were 2 versions of the Dexlight: A tail clicky version and a twisty. It was concluded (or speculated) that Dealextreme simply bought OEM Jetbeams and had their DX logo slapped on them.

EDIT: Just checked and yes there were 2 Dexlight versions.

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.dexlight

If this theory is correct ,Can some of you Jetbeam owners help me to bring my DX.1 back to life ?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
See if the pill is glued in. Use small pointy scissors or tweezers. What I'm getting at is the Cree contacts could be shorting out against the reflector. If it's tight and it's not the tailcap, check that the tube is making good contact with the circuit board. I can't think of anything else except the circuit board going bad.

bp044

Enlightened
See if the pill is glued in. Use small pointy scissors or tweezers. What I'm getting at is the Cree contacts could be shorting out against the reflector. If it's tight and it's not the tailcap, check that the tube is making good contact with the circuit board. I can't think of anything else except the circuit board going bad.

What is the pill and how do I get to it ?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the pill and how do I get to it ?

It's the unit that includes the circuit board, emitter with star, and the heatsink. It's also known as the LE. It screws into the head behind the reflector. There should be two notches across from each that you can put the tweezers in. Try to unscrew it. If it doesn't move it's probably glued.