Sig-Sauer has new Tactical Flashlights

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
just for info have a look there

Obviously they are not made in-house...Any gist on the location/country?
Anyone had a first hand experience???

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
I tried searching the internet and I could not find it but, I saw an ad in Shotgun News. The lights are the same lights that Sig is selling. I can't remember the name of the company. The lights even had the same names. If anyone has a Shotgun News handy look for an ad for tactical weapon lights, it was a full page color ad.

Edit: Found the company www.itacdefense.com the names are different but if you compare the pictures they are the same lights.

Last edited:

MattInTheCouv

Newly Enlightened
It saddens me when big respectable names start getting into the "branding" game. I'll assume that the previous posts were correct and that these are not made in-house by sig.

I am an owner of multiple sig pistols (239,220,229) and a very big sigarms fan. A buddy of mine owns the stl-900j weaponlight w/laser. He got it for about 1/2 MSRP from ebay. It's fairly bright and clear, but the UI is pretty...well, let's just say "not tactically sound". Too many manipulations of the buttons are required to do just about anything, in my opinion. Also, the buttons are about impossible to push if you are in a panic state or have gloves on. He feels the same way about it, and was rather dissapointed when he recieved it. As for the other models, i have no experience with them. For reference, i own a p4 modded gladius in a Daniel Defense "pak" offset mount that serves as my weaponlight, and that will hopefully soon be replaced by the olight m30 i have on preorder.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
matt thnaks for the valuable input...

It seems to me that when gun firms delve into unfamiliar territory it is a bust only..

See also glock light, and leupold lights...

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look closely at the Pistol light's data sheet. Click on the button to enlarge the image and you get a side view of the light on a Sig and a muzzle end shot of it mounted to a Glock!

Mini-TacLight-detail.jpg

Having both I knew something was up. :oops:

Probably an OK light, just a rebranded accessory. Which I don't have a problem with. If I were in the sales staff responsible for creating ads I wouldn't have used that photo....

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Look closely at the Pistol light's data sheet. Click on the button to enlarge the image and you get a side view of the light on a Sig and a muzzle end shot of it mounted to a Glock!

Mini-TacLight-detail.jpg

Having both I knew something was up. :oops:

Probably an OK light, just a rebranded accessory. Which I don't have a problem with. If I were in the sales staff responsible for creating ads I wouldn't have used that photo....

that's pitiful! Not a bad looking light though..and if their lights are anything like their guns...

Dan FO

Enlightened
Knowing Sig, good luck with their customer service if you ever have a problem with it. :crackup: Their CS is nonexistent. :whistle:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nevermind the "keep your finger off the trigger" rule... :rolleyes:

That's just what I was thinking... guess I'm just a stickler for firearms safety.

Just gotta love marketing people though. Wromg specs, inflated specs, pictures using someone else's products. :laughing: I'd have to get one in my hands to see if I can figure out who they're re-branding. I don't put a lot of attention into weapon lights. Can anyone else tell just from the couple pictures?

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened

Not to be picky but that isn't a Glock. Looks more like an XD.

I will never buy one for the simple fact that I am right handed (as are most people) and I am not going to use a light that can only be turned on by my trigger finger or by reaching over the gun.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of their lights seems to be similar to the Surefire A2 - at least in that it has 3 smaller LED's around the central bright light - which in this case is LED rather than incandescent. Other than that nothing looks of interest - just a company expanding their brand name.