trustfire multifunctional charger problem

pteam

Newly Enlightened
I have a trustfire multifunctional charger problem. I only really use it to charge 18650's , theyre ultrafire 2400 mah. Since I've got it it seems it only will charge on one side, and sometimes I'm able to get it to switch to charge on the otherside but then the opposite side shuts down. I have messed around with the bottom metal connector a little bit by trying to adjust it. Does anybody have any suggestions or know what the problem is? Thanks alot!!

pteam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help. It says "Trustfire Multifunctional Charger". Model # TR-001 500ma can charge all sizes of batteries. Its the same charger mention in this thread - https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/174075

DSC04662.JPG

DSC04663.JPG

DSC04668.JPG

pteam

Newly Enlightened
Also it takes like 2 days to charge these 18650 batteries. In the other thread I linked to above they thought this charger was only outputting 200-250 ma even thought it says 500 ma but should it take 2 days? And whats worse is since I can only get 1 battery to charge at a time (99% of the time) it takes me 4 days to charge 2 batteries!

seaside

Enlightened
Trustfire TR-001 is slow charger. It will take ~10hrs to charge drained 18650 and you should be able to charge two batteries at the same time. I think yours is defective.

Well... I think I saw those pictures at DX. Is that you uploaded them? Anyway, your WF-139, did you cut some plastic out to make it hold 16340 without spacer? Because mine can't.

According to DX forum, http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.1251~threadid.287199
... some WF-139 could have the same board with that of TR-001. If that's the case, you got two TR-001, one working unit and one defective unit.

Ask them A/S when you still can.

pteam

Newly Enlightened
Those pictures arnt mine they are from that other thread I just copied the picture here to show what I had. I dont have the ultrafire one only the trustfire one.

mdocod

Flashaholic
more compelling evidence to avoid these chargers...

I wouldn't leave a li-ion cell on a charger for 2 days regardless. Scary thought what's going on behind the scenes there...

What's funny is this:
1. You can spend ~$50 on a decent charger and be pretty confident that it does the job correctly....

OR

2. You can spend $10 on a charger that may or may not work right, and the only way to find out if it's working right is to spend another $10 on a multi-meter, but then, since you only spent $10 on the multi-meter, you need to spend $50 on a multi-meter to check the accuracy of the $10 multi-meter, then you can test the charger, then you find out that the charger is using a charging algorithm that is not in compliance with any li-ion cell manufacture on the face of the planet and wind up spending the $50 on a decent charger anyways... $120 later you have the $50 charger....

The reality is that without a decent multi-meter and the charger in front of us, no-body here can really tell you what is going on.

pteam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!

The problem is when your starting out and shopping around on deal extreme etc why would somebody buy a $50 charger vs a $10 charger that supposively does the same thing? When your new you dont know what charger to pick and you would think that it would charge the batteries lol