• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired They're Here!: High CRI SSC P4 S42180-T1SSx

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Group Buy is Here...

They're in!

If I have you listed as a primary or secondary, please PM me your Paypal email, and I'll send you an invoice as soon as I can confirm that they sent me the right order. Make sure to mention this thread in the PM.

All CONUS orders are ready to ship, and will go out in the morning. International orders will be shipped as soon as I get my Windows virtual machine working again, or I can make it into town.

I can get S42180-T1SSx High CRI SSC P4 emitters. I need to order these in minimum quantities of 100 though, so I'll be planning on selling some of them.

These emitters should have a CCT of of about 4000K. I should be able to get them in the SS0 tint bin, which sits right on the black body line.

The price is $6 each (I was hoping to keep it lower, but shipping was over $100 :(), and the shipping would be Flat rate at $5 to the US, $10 to Canada or Mexico, and $13 anywhere else in the world, regardless of the number you'd like.

These are the people definitely getting some LED's, when I get them in.
28 for me
10 for gunga - Shipped
25 for ICUDoc - Shipped
+3 for Norm
10 for NetKidz - Shipped
10 for MWClint - Shipped
2 for Scattergun - Shipped
10 for fireboltr - Shipped
2 for smflorkey - Shipped

Total:

Remaining:

ambientmind, It looks like I added wrong initially. I don't have enough from this batch, but I'll put you at the top of the list for the next batch, and throw in free shipping for my mistake.

All of the LED's are gone. I plan to start up a group buy in the marketplace in a couple of days for anyone who wants more. Keep in mind though that I don't have an extra $600 sitting around, so I'll need payment before I order with those. Mondo was very helpful this go around, and they seem like they will be in the future. I'll post a link here when I get the new thread set up.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: Any interest in High CRI SSC P4's in a T1 flux bin?

Would prefer a U bin of some sort. But these could do. Is this the same tint as the mouser ones we've been using? What is the flux again?

Likely 5-10 for me.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd love a U-bin Neutral P4, but I doubt we'll see them within the next 2 years.

I'm waiting to hear back from Mouser as to the tint of the LED's they carry. I may have to wait until the next shipment gets in though. I saw in a couple of the threads on this forum that they were the SR0 tint. If that's true, the SSx bins would be just a couple hundred K cooler than the ones from Mouser. I wanted the ST0 bin, but I have yet to find a supplier for them.

The flux is T1 bin, or 70-80 lumens at 350mA. In comparison a U bin ranges from 91-118.5 lumens. It's still a nice bump up from the S2 bin, even if it is only 10 lumens at 350mA.

ICUDoc

Enlightened

If the tint is right and the price accurate I'll take 25. Mouser shipping to Australia is expensive.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic

Sounds good. I got emitters and stars from Mouser, did not check the emitters :shakehead

But the stars were marked S2STOH (as mentioned by MWCLint I believe) so it already is STO tint...

I do have one from earlier, I wonder if it was SRO (I think I got it from you!?)

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I lost the packaging they came in, or I would be able to tell you for sure. Mouser couldn't tell me what bin they are getting now, but they did tell me that they have no control over which bin they get, and that they have gone through several different bins in the last few months. It could be with one order you get ST0, and the next your get SR1...

All said and done, the tint should be pretty decent as long as they're ST or SS.

I'm pretty sure you did get one from me, but that was the first batch I had. The first batch was noticeably warmer than the second batch I got. :ohgeez:

gunga

Flashaholic

I know, I feel foolish for not looking at the packaging on the emitters.

:ohgeez:

I think it may be STO tint tho, they are noticeably cooler than the one I put in my Novatac (might have gotten it from Texlite).

I get a blueish corona around the hotspot on these, have you noticed thtis at all. It is more pronounced when you use with a small smooth reflector (like an L0D)...

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe you did get the 2nd batch I got then. :thinking:

I've noticed that the corona does have a slightly more blue tint. It wasn't enough of a difference to notice when not shining it at a white wall ;)

NetKidz

Enlightened

Count me in for 10.

Thanks. :)

MWClint

Enlightened

6-10 for me. Thanks for looking into this.

The stars ive been getting from mouser were S2STOH, it's imprinted on the
base of the star. i do like this tint. SSO should be nice too.

mouser has been out of stock of their bare emittors for a few weeks
now..most were definitly close to STO comparing them to the marked stars,
but i did wind up with a greenish and some orange-ish ones.

They said more are on order, but had no idea of what bin..mouser status says
lead time of 1 week..but it's said that for at least 3 weeks now. :(

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, looks like I got lucky with the last batch I got 4 weeks ago. I must have gotten some of the last ones. :D

All of the stars I've gotten were cooler than the bare emitters, but the stars all had an odd tint to them, so I've been leaning to the bare emitters.

Scattergun

Enlightened

I am interested in two to five depending on price, tint and bin...

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have received a quote from Mondo Electronics in Australia. I am waiting on a quote from Avnet before I buy. Just thought you all might like an update :D

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want to get more accurate, they only offer them as ordered from the factory. I was told today I'll have a price tomorrow.

If I knew that Mondo Electronics was a reputable distributor, I'd just order from them. (or see if someone near Perth would be willing to pick them up and ship them to me for distributing) I haven't really heard of them though, so I'm a bit wary.

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened

This looks like a very interesting emitter. I'll take 2 at this price when you get them.

Thanks,
Steve

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

This looks like a very interesting emitter. I'll take 2 at this price when you get them.

Thanks,
Steve

I'm in for 10+, thanks!

Just to be on the safe side, read the bold in the OP, and keep an eye on this thread to see how things go. I'm sure I'm already going to be a bit short...

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since Avnet is giving me the runaround, I decided to order from Mondo. If there is anyone near Perth that would be willing to pick them up and forward them to me, please let me know.