I thought I had finally had it with my Nitecore D10!

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I have now carried my D10 as my EDC for almost exactly a year (I pre-ordered it). My method of carry is to use the lanyard to tie a lark's head around my belt loop and then drop it into my front pocket.

Unfortunately, it has a bad habit of somehow turning itself on while in the pocket, and sometimes the battery drains without my knowingit. My solutions have ranged from leaving it set to the lowest setting to preserve battery life if it turns on in my pocket, to untwisting the head until it is impossible to turn it on. Neither of these seemed appropriate for an EDC that I must count on.

This really bummed me out because I had gone through the trouble of getting the slotted piston and installing a nice trit in the slot.

But today I finally figured out what was needed to fix this situation. Quite simply, the very nice looking clip on the lanyard was hitting the piston and turning the flashlight on in my pocket.

So I took off the Nitecore lanyard and used a simpler, cheaper Fenix type lanyard. No extra metal to turn on the light inadvertently.

So now me and my D10 are friends again. :twothumbs

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of us had the same problem. Adding a small split ring to put the clip on solves this problem too :D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to know you found your friend again. Maybe it'll become your best friend if you install clip instead of lanyard? :)

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Many of us had the same problem. Adding a small split ring to put the clip on solves this problem too :D

I will try that. I do like having the clip, but not if it is going to drain my batteries accidentally. Maybe I can have the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the suggestion!

burntoshine

Enlightened
nice! the EX10 is my EDC and favorite flashlight ever. i'd hate to not be able to carry it.

i like to carry mine in a Fenix L1D holster.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also put a split ring on mine and clip......still use the lanyard that came with it since its a lot nicer then the ones that i have, but mine goes in a holster with the clip on the outside.

Pima Pants

Newly Enlightened
I very much dislike the User Interface on mine. I just can't seem to get used to it or make it work the same way twice in a row.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the problem......its easy. Double tap the piston to get low mode......tap and hold to get high. To ramp up or down just hold the piston when the light is on.

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alfred...those are some excellent instructions for the D10!!

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the instructions i can see how us flashaholics can read too much into the instructions and our brains seem to make it harder to comprehend, when in actuallity its easy.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a D10 that was just coronated as a shelf queen. I did not like the idea that I had to twist the head to keep it from sucking my batteries dry. However, I have given it a second chance and it has performed admirably! I am now used to turning the head to power it on, and now keep it in my pocket most of the time. It was with us on hikes through the mountains this week. I was using it to look under rocks and tree stumps for various kinds of wildlife! The build quality of this light is second to none also!

Mike