Took 2 flashlights to my son's wedding

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saturday, my son got married.
I took a nitecore EX10...and a homemade drumlight- which has a tight spot- around 220 lumens. THe wedding was at 6pm...so I knew there would be some dark at the reception. They turned the lights down and everyone started dancing ( I don't dance). After a bit- there was a nice open shot at 50 feet with my son head on. I lit him up for about 3 seconds. I managed to shut down and act innocent. It didn't take but about 2 seconds until my lady wispered....YOU BROUGHT A FLASHLIGHT!!!

Of course I did...wouldn't you!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
That is so cool. I would probably have done that too. I bet your son knew who "flashed him", and I bet he laughed.

Bill

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good job. You've given me some ideas. I'm expecting my son to be getting married within a few years. He'll definitely know who did it.

Geoff

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent! Surely made it more memorable for the happy couple. By the way, I am still using my drumlight I got from you at PF10! Congrats to the couple.

MKLight

Enlightened
Lol....sounds like something we'd all do or have done. Great story and congrats to your family!

Ephrata, huh? I just went to Shady Maples for the first time a few weeks ago. Too much food, but as always Ephrata is a nice town. :twothumbs

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
....and what did you do with your other flashlight? :duh2:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a wedding last weekend. I had my SF A2. As a backup I have those little LEDs coin lights attached to my iPhone. I used the A2 to peruse a poorly lit cookie table. (it is a Pittsburgh tradition to have one)

At my friend's wedding back on May 31, I had my SF A2 as well as my L6 Porcupine. When my buddy dove under his bride's dress for the garter belt, he came back out without it. So I whipped out the A2 and jokingly asked if he needed a light. All my friends know of my flashaholicism.

Earlier I used the porcupine to ceiling bounce light as we were signing the guest book. The bride and groom had set a digital camera and portable printer next to he book the guest then take pictures of themselves, print them out right there and put them into a special album/guest book. I really like that idea and will use it when my gf and I get married.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are an awesome father! I wish my dad was into flashlights. I can't believe you shined him in the face! LoL.

zven

Enlightened
Very cool hearing all these stories about flashlights at weddings. I was at a wedding not too long ago, and had my SF L1 with me. However, being that the wedding was in Alaska and two days before the summer solstice, there wasn't much of a chance to use it. Even at about 2 AM when the reception ended, there was still PLENTY of light to see by.

My knife, however, did get used when the bride and groom opened their wedding presents, but I guess that's an anecdote for another forum...