Burgess

Flashaholic
Odds are pretty darn good.

I'd be comfortable betting on it.

:cool:
_

Norm

Retired Administrator
Is the Quark head and tail big enough for an 18650 battery tube?
Our are you thinking a complete light?
Norm

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping for a slim EDC light like this. I'm not sure if the standard quark head has a large enough diameter to look "normal" on an 18650 body. But it is easily possible to manufacture an 18650 tube that will fit a standard quark head.
I'd say odds are not good though as 4Sevens has a track record of neglect toward 18650s. :( I'm sure it will eventually happen, but not until some other manufacturer puts out a competitive 18650 light first.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has all the other bases covered. This would be the next logical step- all we can do is hope. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there waiting for one.:thumbsup:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm personally going to bet a no on that one. I think the 18650 lights he is concentrating on are things like his tactical MC-E that we should be hearing about soon. I don't know that one will make it to the quark series at all.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing is that even with the tactical MC-E it's still not going to be fully regulated on 18650 by all appearances. :ironic: I hope I'm wrong.
So I'd really like to see a Quark series buck/boost fully regulated slim 18650 light. There are a couple poorly regulated PWM ones out there, but no manufacturer has stepped up to the plate for quality yet... which is surprising considering how long several of us have been asking for one.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
odds are in my court 4:1 . dont think it will come. not anytime soon. (next year maybe if we pester them enough.. maybe in quark II series. but then there wont be a warm tint version anymore either. kinda wished they would of kept them as option all the way.)

but with 4:1 odds.. hmm.. i probably would bet for it to come anyway. hahah. -i like underdogs.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The thing is that even with the tactical MC-E it's still not going to be fully regulated on 18650 by all appearances. :ironic: I hope I'm wrong.
So I'd really like to see a Quark series buck/boost fully regulated slim 18650 light. There are a couple poorly regulated PWM ones out there, but no manufacturer has stepped up to the plate for quality yet... which is surprising considering how long several of us have been asking for one.

If it is fully regulated will out stop before voltage gets too low in the 18650?

Wade

Newly Enlightened

What he said and I just want a simple / slim 18650

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is fully regulated will out stop before voltage gets too low in the 18650?

Huh? Your question makes no grammatical sense.

Fully regulated lights can have low voltage cutoff protection, or you can rely on a protection circuit in the cell to cutoff. Or you can just use your multimeter and keep an unprotected cell in good condition with a bit of TLC.