Testing my AW14500's in my Nitecore DI

Tremendo

Enlightened
I recently got a couple AW14500 batteries and wanted to test them in MAX in my Nitecore Defender Infinity (my EDC). I use the light for EDC and also night running, and wanted to see what type of runtime I should expect. I fully charged both in my new WF-139 charger. Coming off, both were at 4.16v after topping off. I tested in a glass of water to not overheat.

1) Battery #1: MAX for 77 minutes, then went to blink mode. Blink for 6 minutes. Blink was MAX 1.8 seconds on, 1.8 seconds off.

2) Battery #2: MAX for 75 minutes, then went to blink mode. Blink for 7 minutes. Blink was MAX 1.8 seconds on, 1.8 seconds off.

Full recharge time was 117 minutes (@2 hours) and they came off at 4.14.

I'm happy with the results, as I normaly run with the light on about 50% or so. I also like having some blink time, to not be totally in the dark and be able to find a solution to a dead battery.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better not do that to many times. Probably not blinking untill around .9 volts. Way to low for a LI-ION batt. There lifespan will likely be cut way down quick...they don`t like dropping much below 3 volts. At least this is my understanding.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Better not do that to many times. Probably not blinking untill around .9 volts. Way to low for a LI-ION batt. There lifespan will likely be cut way down quick...they don`t like dropping much below 3 volts. At least this is my understanding.

Even protected 14500's blinking maximum power on and off? I don't think it could ever be that bright below 1v. I just did it as a test, but it's good to know there is some blinking output and not a complete shut down of power when the batteries die.