Fenix's new light (MC10) bnamed "Anglelight" and results announced

choombak

Enlightened
Fenix has announced the results of the "name the flashlight" contest, and can be seen here. The new name for MC10 is "ANGLELIGHT", which I think, is nice. Meanwhile, I am one of the 3rd prize winner, so would be getting an E01 (yay!)

-amarendra

asfaltpiloot

Newly Enlightened
Congrats!!
I also enterd the contest and i'm 1 of the second prize winners.
I like how Fenix involves the customers.

njet212

Enlightened
Thanks to you Choombak, after i read your post i realized i got the 2nd prize !!!!

lovecpf

Niconical

Enlightened
Hhm, bit of an anticlimax. :shrug:

40 days of competition to come up with a name for a flashlight that can be angled and they decided on...., Anglelight.

Oh well, a name is just a name I suppose, and on the bright side plenty of people will be getting some free Fenix items.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won a second prize too! :party:

What we should do to receive it ?

They will send for us ? In my country there is no official Fenix dealer...

tolkaze

Enlightened
Yay, I got a third prize too... I guess our mass entry of AArdvark or whatever didn't go down too well... eitherway, its an E01 I wouldn't have otherwise owned :)

Was hoping someone would get the tk30 so we could testdrive it, and I was hoping I had won the new anglelight... but still very happy with the E01

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay, I got a third prize too... I guess our mass entry of AArdvark or whatever didn't go down too well... eitherway, its an E01 I wouldn't have otherwise owned :)

Was hoping someone would get the tk30 so we could testdrive it, and I was hoping I had won the new anglelight... but still very happy with the E01

You won something with the AArdvark entry? And I entered something I came up with myself and got nothing. You sir, stink :nana:

And they named it Anglelight. Would've been more creative naming it MC-Hammerhead.

tolkaze

Enlightened
I had two entries in the comp, I put AArdvark (with double caps on A, for AA battery size, and made up some story about how it was rugged, and encapsulated the essence of the outdoors) and I put in an entry for Anglelight too... I personally hate the name, but it was so predictable that 'anglelight' would be the one to be chosen, I couldn't NOT put in an entry... and it paid off

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got third prize, though I advised them to not use Anglelight as the name of their light because it is too similar to the name of their competitor's light. :shrug:

I guess it's not my problem.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anglelight just doesn't differentiate the MC-10, it just says "I'm just another right angle flashlight".

timbo114

Enlightened
I offered names of ..

CAMPanion .. ... (I really thought this one had a good chance)
and
Journeyman

Anglelight just seems so generic and bland

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I would've know you could submit more than 1 name, I submitted "The Utilitarian". I had a feeling that name wouldn't win, kind of big. "Intradooshing the new Fenish Utiritarian with perviting anger head, with 3 lighting levers and 2 flashing modes."

Sorry I couldn't resist.

tolkaze

Enlightened
Just submit a new entry with a different email each time... afaik, most free email servers are still free... i just used my work one and my personal one

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone received their prizes ? :poke:

I think Fenix will send them to us, directly, right ?

Anyone ?

1anrm

Enlightened
Hmm... so, 4Sevens ?

If 4sevens is your dealer then yes. However Fenix may have changed their policy. It's possible that Fenix is sending the awards to the dealer then the dealer sends to the recipients. I hope we all get it before the holidays. I received an e-mail from Fenix last week that I will soon get my reward so I'll give it another few days...

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, post something here when you receive it...

I don´t even received a warning e-mail!

Max Brightness

Enlightened
...40 days of competition to come up with a name for a flashlight that can be angled and they decided on...., Anglelight.

Until I read this post I thought it was named "angel light" not "angle light". I was thinking "the light that looks after you in your darkest hours".

Anyway, I guess I have slight dyslexia.;)