AW 17670

Eagle7

Newly Enlightened
This battery doesn't fit in my 2x123 light, is it safe to peel off the label so it has more room to move inside the light? The problem is, it's a tight fit and the light won't change modes because the battery won't move.

Eagle7

Newly Enlightened
I got the battery to work by removing the sticker (not the whole wrapper). I messed with it for a while and cleaned it off real good and it works.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
If you remove the insulation the -ive contact will never disconnect. You will not be able to turn the light off. If its a protected cell it could short the cell.

theres also a higher risk of shorting the cell when its outside the light. The insulation physically isolates the +ive contact from the closely adjacent -ive.

So... no don't do it.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read the question as "on the AW 17670 is it safe to remove the silver 17670 label from the black battery".

Yes you can - it only covers a small part of the battery. It is just the label.

I have done this to allow the AW 17670 to fit in my 2-pak mcclicky - even then to remove the battery I need to swing my light (without the head) to get the battery to move out.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
By 'label', do you mean the silver label on the black encased protected AW 17670's? If so, yes, some folks remove them to obtain a little extra room.
Edit: LOL, nf beat me to it. I'm surprised that this question wasn't asked by previous posters tho...

Last edited: