How do you carry your EDC?

Joe Fowler

Newly Enlightened
I carry an Inova T1 in my Maxped Colossus (when I actually carry my bag!) I want to get a new light to carry on me every day but wanted to know how some of you carry your EDC light.

Pocket? Clipped/loose? Holster?

What does everyone prefer or has found ideal?

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Got a Fenix P1D Q5 in a holster on my keychain, and sometimes have my Fenix TK10 in my cargo pocket if im wearing cargos. That will be replaced by an Olight M21 soon as it comes out. :twothumbs

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Belt holster, or if I'm wearing pants without a belt (such as sweatpants) then I just drop it into a pocket. For the latter I prefer that the light has a clip.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a holstered light on my belt. More often than not, I also clip a AAA light inside a pocket or to my cell phone holster.

If I'm not wearing a belt, then I drop a light in a pocket with my wallet.

If I'm at home in my boxers, I'll tuck a small light inside the elastic.:whistle:

--flatline

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:laughing: I like to put it in my pants.

OK, OK, in my pocket and usually loose. Longer lights are in the pocket, clipped. Even longer lights are either clipped to the belt and hang or holstered.

Last edited:

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I usually carry a couple of lights loose in my pockets (McGizmo LunaSol 20 always in one pocket, the light in the other pocket varies but is currently a Surefire T1A Titan), but the lights are on lanyards attached to my belt loop. So if I need to pull out the light quickly, I just tug on the lanyard.

I also have a Maratac AAA with my keys. And a Streamlight Nanolight hanging around my neck.

That is my basic EDC. If I go out wearing a jacket, have my Maxpedition Proteus, a backpack or my laptop bag with me, then I usually stow a light in there as well.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
At work I am defaulting to holster carry on my belt. I'll also do this if I'm out and about wearing something with a belt. I've just installed a clip on my primary EDC and so now I'm also pretty happy carrying it clipped inside or outside of a pocket if I don't have a belt. I tend to have my backpack with me, and that will carry a couple other lights just because... no reason to limit myself to one, right?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have on my person my Milky/Surefire ME1B Transformer clipped down in my right front pocket. I have a Fenix LOD Q4 loose at the bottom of my right front pocket, and another LOD CE on my key chain. I have my NDI in my right front cargo pocket. And last but not least, I have my LiteFlux LF3XT in a Novatac 120 holster hanging on a carabiner from a right front belt loop.

I have in my backpack that goes with me every day a SF E2DL, SF 2008 E2L, Dereelight DBS V2 w/3SD Q5, and a JetBeam SS E3P Element.

3FavoriteEDC-1.jpg

Dsc01229.jpg

Dsc01182-1.jpg

EDCLights2.jpg

Last edited:

CRZ

Newly Enlightened
I keep mine clipped to my left front pocket. I use my right front pocket for change and keys, so to keep from banging into the light all the time I keep the light on the left.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore D10 clipped to the back edge of my LF pocket.

D20 clipped in outside pocket of my laptop bag.

ARC AAA-P Snow hanging from ball chain (covered w/paracord sheath) around my neck.

Last edited:

Joe Fowler

Newly Enlightened
It's interesting that when you talk to "knife guys" they'll carry three or four knives... can't live without them. But here, the "flashlight guys" gotta carry three or four lights.

Guess it's what you're in to.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
It's interesting that when you talk to "knife guys" they'll carry three or four knives... can't live without them. But here, the "flashlight guys" gotta carry three or four lights.

Guess it's what you're in to.

I think people from both communities subscribe to the "two is one, one is none" philosophy and so always carry a backup, a backup to the backup, a backup to the backup to the backup... ;)

Also, same as knife users who appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of a particular knife, flashaholics appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of a particular flashlight and thus carry several lights with them so they can use the light appropriate to the task at hand.

That's my excuse, anyway. And I'm sticking to it... :whistle: :poke:

henry1960

Enlightened
My D10, Left Back Pocket.

Jet-1pro, Front Left Pocket

SurFire LX2 In My Car

And Fenix E01 On My Key Chain :twothumbs

CaseyS

Newly Enlightened
1 light - right now a Quark 123^2 loose in my left pocket next to my phone; 1 knife - Spyderco Sage CF clipped to my right pocket. I'd like one of my next lights to have a deep carry clip so I can comfortably clip it into my left pocket instead of carrying it loose.