• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Petite Killer Ti

Hammer Train

Banned
I really want to get my hands on a petite killer as I need a titanium necklight and think that the petite killer will be perfect for this application - any idea when a new batch will be ready for sale?

fyrstormer

Banned
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried putting a 90mA Killer AAA head on a Petite Killer? Can the little batteries handle outputting that much power?

Hammer Train

Banned
Alas none available on the website and none for sale on the BST. I'm going to be away for about 4 months after the holiday (gulp!) and was hoping to get one in time. I've posted a WTB, let's see what happens :shrug:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they were popular. But I was unhappy with the Nichia GS LED's color and beam, especially so after putting in the new 5-die LED in the Killer AAAs. Alas, the SR44 isn't strong enough to drive the 5-die LED, so that isn't an option. I may investigate doing a different light, with a Lithium Ion battery and a high-brightness LED instead, but it isn't on my priority list at the moment.

fyrstormer

Banned
What about using single-die Cree LEDs, or the Snow LEDs that Peak uses, or just Nichia DS's? As I stated in the Arc forum, I think the Arc AAA DS was the best Arc AAA ever made, and it seems I'm not alone; it's only a little dimmer than the GS, it can run on almost no power, and the beam is very smooth. It might be worth a try if you haven't already.

SRC

Newly Enlightened
The La Petite Killers will not be made anymore, sorry.

There goes my Christmas present
sigh.gif