Drop-in recommendation

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Hi All - I have a Surefire 6P head a leef 2x 18650 body and the tail cap off the 6P and want to get hold of a drop-in.
It would be nice if the drop-in would work with the original 6P body too :naughty:

Not sure what will work best and figured this is the best place to ask

Any tips?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ukmidnite,

Lumensfactory makes great stuff. The D26 series is what will fit 6P head. I had one of the incan drop-ins that I ran on 2x18650s, it put out about 400 lumens of bright white light, and the beam was very smooth. They also make several LEDs too.

Nailbender has a good reputation for selling quality LED drop-ins. He also makes ones that include the higher power LEDs like P7 MCE and SSTs.

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
A dereelight drop-in would serve you well, but if selecting one, make sure you choose it with the correct voltage range for your 2x18650 body or 2xCR123A/RCR123A in the original 6P body.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
+1 for nailbender, he can probably custom tailor your voltage range, and you may be able to talk him into putting on of those legendary SST-90s in there...i have one of the early bins and i got yelled at to day by a more senior NCO to either turn it down or issue sunglasses, it was aimed at the ground by my feet mind you